Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Salmon Spread Recipe, Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Salmon Spread Recipe, Anyone?

Does anyone have a good smoked salmon spread recipe to share? I have crab and lobster on hand too if it calls for it.

I searched the forum before posting so I'm sorry if I missed any. Many thanks.

I do this and it's very, very simple. Any leftover smoked salmon, remove skin and bones and break up into chunks. Stir in whipped cream cheese and chopped chives. A bit of lemon juice if you want, but I don't think it's necessary. Don't over stir -- you want to see pieces of salmon. Pot and cover, store in the frig until you want some on a cracker. You can also shape into a ball and cover the outside with toasted almonds, or your favorite covering. More chives and seasoned Panko would be nice too, but panko will get soggy if stored for long.

Comment

• CapeMay
      CapeMay commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much. I made it this afternoon. Very good.

CapeMay, Just What CandySueQ Said! I might add a bit of Chopped Onion and dash of Dill Pickle just for giggles! You might want to Check Web Sites such as Alaska Seafood Company and I believe there is an Atlantic Seafood Company? I think you will find some regional variations.
    Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• CapeMay
      CapeMay commented
      Editing a comment
      I added a little bit of shallots. Thanks for the advice.

Thank you both very much.

Comment

I use this one from Epicurious: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...mon-dip-368941

Just substitute chunks of my hot smoked salmon for the thin slices of cold smoked. (It's better with hot smoked anyway. )

Comment

I love the one hear on the site. Its awesome. Always comes out great.

Comment

Another option is Capers. Can't really taste the Capers when mixed with salmon and cream cheese but a nice flavor profile overall.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here