Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid 225...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I don't know what temp you usually do your ribs or butt, but there is a difference between cooking between 225-275 and 350. You won't find much difference in a butt or the ribs cooked anywhere between 225 and 275.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    started a topic Stupid 225...

Stupid 225...

I was testing out ham yesterday and since I was having guests over I figured I would make a couple racks of baby backs just in case the ham wasn't great, plus i know they love my ribs.

This is the first 225 cook I have done since I got pretty decent at smoking, I did it on my WSM 22 with the ribs on the bottom rack and the ham on top. I don't usually wrap ribs so I just tossed them on a let them go, concentrating mainly on the ham. After 6 hours they still weren't done but the ham was so we took it inside and all enjoyed. Once dinner was done I checked the ribs and they were good enough to come in, I wrapped em in some foil and let them sit about a half hour.

Guests were preparing to leave so since they like my ribs I wrapped up a rack for them to take home. I didn't want to just toss the other rack in the fridge without at least tasting them so I sliced that rack up. Now they were a little on the dry side, no sauce, no wrap etc. but these were the best ribs I have eaten, anywhere. I just wrote a post last week about how my ribs were nothing close to my favorite restaurant, but these edged them out. Even though we were all full from ham and all the sides and dessert I got 3 down, my wife 1 and the rest for our friends. All said they were the best ever.

So, I got the same brand from the same place I always do, prepped and rubbed like I always do, the only difference was 225, is it possible that was what did it? If that is the case do I even dare to try a pork butt at 225? It may ruin my cooks forever and I'll have to disable my PBC to only do 225.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here