Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member locator Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    Tying it to an account would require your web folks to do it, the map is easy to do and would only take a few hours, getting the data from the accounts and the opt in set up would take quite a bit more work.

Gotcha. Would it be possible to do the easy set up for now, then later add the account tie in, without losing what we have?

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Tying it to an account would require your web folks to do it, the map is easy to do and would only take a few hours, getting the data from the accounts and the opt in set up would take quite a bit more work.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    It'd be nice if it was interactive and worked automatically based off the location information the member has in his/her profile. We wouldn't want it to be too exact (Street level) but city would be good. Also it would need to be something members can opt into or out of.

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I have experience with this.
    Are you talking a static map or an interactive one like Google maps? Are you adding pins periodically or is the user going to do it?

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    started a topic Member locator Map

Member locator Map

Huskee has the idea of adding a locator map to the forum that shows "pins" where all the Pit Members reside. I've seen this before in other forums but can't recall offhand immediately just where that was that I saw it. I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience setting this up and if they know what's involved in the process. Any help out there?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here