Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment Review Pipeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Review Pipeline

I see the reviewers comment from time to time that such and such a grill will be reviewed etc but we have no idea how it stacks up against the rest of the equipment already in the pipeline.

I think it would be really neat if AR could share the priority list for the next 3 to 6 months or whatever time period makes sense. To be clear, I am not interested in specific dates for publication or even individual reviewers. And I don’t even want commitments to publish by x date.

I just think it would be really cool to know that a review on say the Grilla Chimp was number one on the list versus 10th, or not on the list at all. Then I can be looking forward to it.

For the AR folks, maybe the feedback on the priority list might prove useful. And it also might generate some interesting feedback about how AR selects equipment for review. It could also prove useful to help members understand how some companies are reluctant to have AR review at all, which could be useful for a buying decision if the company doesn’t want independent feedback.

The pipeline could also prompt interesting discussions when the priorities change too especially if manufacturers act weird.
    Last edited by STEbbq; February 12, 2021, 07:12 PM.

"And I don’t even want commitments to publish by x date."
    Okay, This comment is brought to by Feb. 12, 2021.
    https://www.grillseeker.com/2019/06/...-grill-review/
    Happy Grilling to you.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; February 13, 2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Just keep in mind the Chimp was an example not an request.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just playing Monkey with the Chimp example. LOL

Things move quickly here and priorities often change. We plan on reviewing the new Weber models ASAP. I'd like to complete tests of Kalamazoo's Shokunin Kamado. Nuke's new Puma is on our radar as well. Huskee is currently testing Masterbuilt's new digital charcoal vertical cabinet Smoker. And the beat goes on......

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough! 👍

• Monopauly
      Monopauly commented
      Editing a comment
      Max, I recently took delivery of the Nuke Puma after a bit of a wait. A few quality control issues with the lifting mechanism which shouldn't have left the factory like that - it was a bit fiddly, but i managed to fix this myself. Materials are a bit on the cheap side too, I guess to keep the price down, but the box is good and strong and the fire is easy to manage and the firebricks hold the heat well. Will be interesting when you review it what your impressions are.

• Max Good
      Max Good commented
      Editing a comment
      Monopauly Our editor, Dave Joachim, is finishing Puma tests. He had a big problem with the vertical lift mechanism, but eventually identified the reason and it was easily corrected. What was the issue you experienced?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here