Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iphone issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone issues

I have been away from the site for about two weeks so forgive me if this has been broached and there is a fix. I cannot get into The Pit on my iPhone. I cleared my browsing history and cache last week and again today so I know that is not an issue. In fact, I suspect it may have caused it. When I click on the bar at the top, nothing happens. When I Google "Log in" I come to a page that allows me to put in my user name and password but then it says I am a guest and can only browse three topics. Anyone else having this issue?

Sorry. All is good here. I just went out to the free site and logged back in. No problems.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you update the phone this week? I did. I was wondering if that is the issue.
      Last edited by tbob4; January 28, 2021, 01:27 PM.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually updated mine this morning before this post.

I cannot get it with a iPhone either.....but that's because I don't own one! (buddum tisss...) OK, end of jokes. I will run this by raywjohnson and see if he has any suggestions. He's not an iPhone user either but he has one for bug squashing round these parts.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got me with the first sentence - I owe you for that.

I can get in & I have an IPhone (budum siss) . So where does that put anybody (budum siss).
    I have seemed to (budum siss) acquired a different (budum siss) problem. Every time I (budum siss) try anything in the ( budum siss) Pit now I here this strange (budum siss) drum noise.
    Last edited by FireMan; January 28, 2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      hahahahahahahaha

tbob4 I have an iPhone and mine is working fine. Suggestion....Turn your phone completely off for a minute or so, then turn it back on. A reboot. This solves a lot of things sometimes. Also yesterday Apple announced an important update for iPhones and iPads. If you don’t know how to do an update.....go to settings....general....software update. Then click update, if it hasn’t already been updated to the latest software. Not saying this will work for sure, but it’s worth a shot.
    Last edited by Panhead John; January 28, 2021, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John - thanks for the advice. It made me tinker around a bunch. Apparently the update turned off my cookies in Safari. Without the cookies enabled (what fun - cookies on a cooking site) apparently you can't get in. I imagine this may happen with some others, as well.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Great. Glad you got it fixed.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Still doesn’t solve my problem (budum siss).

No problem here with an iPhone XS. Upgraded to iOS 14.4 yesterday and after reading your post, logged out and back into the Pit with no issues.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Darn you. I need some replication. HA. I might just live my life as Jerry Seinfeld "Is it just me or...."

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      MBMorgan - Got it working again. Thanks!! My update apparently turned off my cookies in Safari.

No problems with my iPhone....Just jinxed myself....
    With my iPhone the threat of throwing against the wall works....they seem to know when physical violence is looming.
    Otherwise take it to 11-12 year old on your street, they'll have it up and running in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by tbob4 View Post
      I have been away from the site for about two weeks so forgive me if this has been broached and there is a fix. I cannot get into The Pit on my iPhone. I cleared my browsing history and cache last week and again today so I know that is not an issue. In fact, I suspect it may have caused it. When I click on the bar at the top, nothing happens. When I Google "Log in" I come to a page that allows me to put in my user name and password but then it says I am a guest and can only browse three topics. Anyone else having this issue?
      I don't know what you mean by 'when I google login'.

You can't click on the top bar you need to click on the hamburger menu on the left to get the drop down. Scroll down and click Login/Join

Click image for larger version

Name:	2F60F287-CBD8-446B-8835-28855716F0C8.png
Views:	459
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	981559
      Last edited by rickgregory; January 28, 2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        The hamburger menu will not open at all when I go to Amazing Ribs.com. My go around was to search for Amazing Ribs Log in - I was able to locate that but when I entered my name and password it says that I am a trial member with 3 free pages of search remaining.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rick - see below. I solved the issue but it may come up with others who update.

I fixed my issue. Phew - raywjohnson this might be an issue with the update. I went to my Safari settings and discovered that my phone was no longer accepting cookies. I accepted the cookies and we are back in business. It also finally liked my username and password.
      Last edited by tbob4; January 28, 2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• rickgregory
        rickgregory commented
        Editing a comment
        Cookies are good. mmmm... coookiesss...

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m so glad things are fixed. And, and that IT likes you & yer password (budum siss).

I recommend turning it off and replacing it with an android

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apparently my wife is an android - well, 50%. Do you trust results from 23 and me?

Dude, this could be due to memory corruption. Try accessing Google email through your iPhone's iCloud. This may help, but you may have an iPhone memory malfunction if this feature is not available either. Roughly speaking, it could have forgotten you. You may need to data recovery. You can do it yourself or turn to a service center. Such failures occur when there is a chronic overload of files and cache. Even though you have recently cleared it, the breakdown could have occurred long before you tried to access the site. Tell me, have you been able to solve this problem yet?
      Last edited by GenevieveHendricks; May 25, 2022, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here