Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't view "members only" search results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't view "members only" search results

So, I came hunting for a pork belly recipe to share with a twitter user looking for recs. Opened "amazingribs.com". Home page, free site. Searched for "pork belly". Results were what I expected. See one that looks perfect: smoked sous-vide pork belly. "this item is for members only" warning is there. No problem, right? I'm a member. I click on it and it opens a new page/tab, with a warning that this content is for members only. So I click on the login link in that pop-up. Takes me to another new page/tab that says I'm already logged in, redirecting in 3,2,1... Which takes me straight to the member home page for forums. Every time. Go back to the tab where I searched and refresh, login/signup link persists at the top-right corner. Member offer pop-up reappears. I'm not blocking cookies for the site. This is repeatable for me on a Windows 10 box using Firefox or Chrome. On Chromebook. On mobile using Firefox or Chrome. (the mobile experience is the worst, IMHO).
    Attached Files

I think I have you all fixed up. The issue was the cookie that tells the main site that you are logged in. The date was wrong.

Be sure to hit CTRL+F5 (PC) or CMD+R (Apple) while on this site to get the updated cookie .

Comment

• lindavg
      lindavg commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the exact same problem, hit Ctrl F5 on my PC, made no difference, refreshed the page, no difference. What else can I do?

• lindavg
      lindavg commented
      Editing a comment
      okay, I solved my own problem. I use Firefox as my browser, so hit the padlock icon on the left of the address bar, while in the amazing ribs site, and clicked on clear cookies. I closed all windows (amazing ribs) and reopened, logged in, and now I can view.

Standy By???

Hmmm, never have gotten dat one...

Looks Like Good Ol Ray W. gots ya all kinda hooked up, now, though...

FWIW, th "Search" Function can be less than 'Ideal', here...

I always use "Advanced Search", an even still, sometimes haveta try me multiple parameters to locate what I am searchin...

try not to git discouraged...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 29, 2020, 04:34 AM. Reason: R.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here