Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AmazingRibs unstable in Firefox browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AmazingRibs unstable in Firefox browser

I'm having stability problems with Firefox [latest version 84.0.1 (64 bit)]. The pages don't load properly and continue to flash with multiple images. I get occasional notices that a website is slowing AmazingRibs down when the only site open is AmazingRibs. The AmazingRibs site seems to function properly on the new EDGE browser.

raywjohnson

Comment

I use that version of Firefox and I haven't been having any trouble. Have you tried a hard refresh/cache clear? Ctrl+F5.

Comment

• lostclusters
        lostclusters commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 for no issues with that version of firefox

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I use edge no problem. Did a ctrl+5 anyway. Still works fine.
        Thanks for the tip.

Among other things, When I click on category page in the Channels page (like Suggestion Page and Bug Reporting) I have hundreds of green "+ FOllOW" boxes at the bottom of the section.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        I use that version of Firefox and I haven't been having any trouble. Have you tried a hard refresh/cache clear? Ctrl+F5.
        Yes. I've reloaded Firefox several times with no effect. This is on a new laptop.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          You say "reloaded" I just want to make sure you try a cache clear by pressing Ctrl+F5. I have no trouble so I suspect if you have tried the cache clear it may be something to do with your machine.

• coupster
          coupster commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on clearing the cache. I'm not sure, but I think Ctrl+F5 clears all the cache - which can be a royal PIA. If you go to Tools-Options-Privacy&Security- Cookies and Site Data-Manage Data, you can clear just Amazingribs.com

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Ctrl+F5 only refreshes the cache for the page you are on. And any shared resources that is loaded for the site you are on (so does not clear all browser cache). The extra "follow" buttons indicate that this is a cache issue.

I will see if there is something else going on. As a new laptop, fresh browser having this issue indicates more than a cache issue.

Hi MarkB1

I have not been able to reproduce this issue. A checked it out on multiple browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox. Brave, Opera). All with clean cache and cookies. Did not find any issues. No errors in the log, no errors on the Javascript console.

As you are currently the only one that has reported having this issue, I would suspect that something is set on your new laptop or Firefox that is blocking some part of Pitmaster. As this only seems to occur on Firefox, it must be there.

Do you have any ad blocker add-ons? Script blocker add-ons? Anti-malware or other such add-on?

uBlock, uBlock Origin, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, NoScript Security Suite, AdBlocker, AdBlocker Ultimate, AdGuard AdBlocker --- to name a few of the popular ones. If you do, you might need to see if pitmaster.amazingribs.com got added to a block list.

Firefox has an "Enhanced Tracking Protection" system. Make sure that is set to Standard. Firefox->Preferences->Privacy and Security.

--RayJ

Comment

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          In Firefox, the path to this setting is a little different.

Click on Tools: Options: Privacy and Security.
          In the "Enhanced Tracking Protection" section, choose "Standard".

I'd also recommend scanning the machine for malware. Lots of little green "Follow" boxes seem rather suspicious.

I'm using Firefox, latest version, with no problems.

The only weirdness I've seen with Firefox (Firefox 84.0.1 (64 bit) on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7) here is this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 6.16.17 PM.png
Views:	223
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	963233

They continually "hang down" even if the cursor is a mile away and has never appeared over the menu. No biggie tho - just some of that occasional browser compatibility weirdness.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Mac! Apple and vBulletin have a long history of not playing nicely. This is odd.

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          It's been doing that for a couple months or so. Couldn't tell you if it started with a Firefox update, MacOS update, AmazingRibs update, etc.
          It behaves normally with Safari, Chrome, and Opera.

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Please to a refresh of the page (CMD+R) for Apple. The image you posted tells me the Javascripts are not changing the menu. The was a bug that I fixed. You need to get the "fixed" version of the Javascripts (by refreshing). If it works in one browser and not another, that is a huge indication of outdated cache.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here