Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Feature

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Feature

Possibly this is already available but is there a search feature? This site is beginning to have a lot of great information and it would be nice to be able to search for words specific to an issue or interest.

I think I see one up to the right in the banner image at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by IrondeQuer View Post
      I think I see one up to the right in the banner image at the top of the page.
      Yep we have a search function that lets you search The Pit. It's towards the right side of the banner image next to the "Caution Hot Pit" sign.

Comment

Doesn't really work too well, it may tell you to narrow it down, and quotes don't work so searching for beef short ribs brings back anything with beef, short, or ribs.

Comment

If anyone wants everlasting fame (at least until quantum computers are a home commodity) write a search engine like Google that works on a single site and provide code for all the primary CMS, blog and forum packages currently being used. You won't get rich because no one will pay for it, but if it's free your name will never be forgotten in your lifetime.

Comment

OK I haven't used it that much so I'm not aware of the limitations. If this was your problem, how would you solve it?

Comment

Have you tried going to the "Today's Posts" tab (shows most recent posts of the day) and using the search buttons there?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	a.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	9600

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Your circles are getting really good bro!

Does this one still need to be open?

Comment

I got what I needed. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bep35 View Post
                  I got what I needed. Thanks!

Roger that. Closing her down.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here