Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most recent posts not showing up on Recent Posts tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most recent posts not showing up on Recent Posts tab

The "Recent Posts" button is not showing all recent posts. I have made a couple of posts and went to reload the page - nothing. If I got to the 7 days tab, the most recent post shows up!

Is this a real issue or just a "Dang it Porkies! You broke the interwebs again!" issue?

It's a cache issue, give it a minute and they'll show up just fine.

Comment

I've noticed this also. They seem to show later.

Comment

If you shrink the font size in your posts they might fit through the Internet pipes quicker. I dunno, that's all I've got.

Comment

• Porkies
          Porkies commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha! I missed this post last month. I'm thinking it's a legitimate work-around.

It is a cache issue. It is the way the forum was designed. Not a good design, but an efficient one. To save on processor and memory usage.

Something like this is happening: 1) new post 2) cache update is called asynchronously (i.e. in the background) 3) you click on New Posts but do not see your new post. This is because the cache call has not completed yet. This is normally very quick (about 1 to 3 seconds, but can take up to 2 minutes depending on an infinite number of factors (ok, not infinite, but lots and lots!).

PS: this cache is internal to the forum software and server, nothing to do with your browser. So cache refresh will not fix it. Only patience.

Comment

• Porkies
          Porkies commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you raywjohnson and I doubt I waited more than a couple of minutes to check the refresh. That's on my being impatient. I should have known better before pushing out a bug find.

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries brother. Always report something that is amiss. I need to know. If it is something I can fix, all good. Or something I can explain, just as good. Thanks!

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          So....you're saying my idea of smaller fonts to fit through the pipes won't work?

I have been looking for the recent posts for several days. Not only can I not find any, I do not even see where I used to click to go to the recent posts! Help please!!

Edited to add: Woops, my bad. Just did not see how to get to it! Looks like I am ok after all.
        Last edited by Alabama Smoke; November 25, 2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here