Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site down

The site keeps going out this morning. I know it is not my computer because my Fantasy Football keeps loading and I am having problems logging in on both the computer and phone so it can't be my cache.

Yes it was down for a bit over an hour this PM. I emailed huskee and meathead. Back up minutes later. I lost an hour plus of my life.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      I lost 6. Luckily, the heater guy was supposed to be here at 9am and just showed up. I’m blaming it on him

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I was having cold sweats. The free site was up, but the Pitmaster club was down for a few hours.

• wu7y
      wu7y commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. I was going through withdrawal myself. But it didn't bother me a bit did it, did it, did it.

Yep the strong winds blew the internet away I guess. We're up again now though!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I had no life for almost 3 hours.

Funny thing - it said this didn’t post an my email to Huskee and Meathead was returned due to server issues.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Must've just bottlenecked. RayJ said the database was down.

One of the database tables was locking up and creating the problem. It eventually just got stuck, locking the entire database. I restarted the database and that fixed it for now. I am monitoring it. Trying to figure out what caused the initial problem. As soon as I figure it out, I will implement a fix.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to let you know this is not the first time this happened. I'll say in the last month once. If I recall it was a much shorter burp. Same symptoms, free side OK, pit down.

I may have found the issue. There is a setting that limits the amount of memory a transaction can use. That was set a little too low. I upped that. Will see if that helps.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, as per always, fer all that ya do, Ray.

Hope it works, an life is smooth, Brother!

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you up my memory too? Mine sux...

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      You am me both!

raywjohnson You Da Man.

Comment

Sorry for turning the site off and on. Issue still exists. Working on some solutions.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried to like this post but it directed me to Meathead 's Ring camera. Tell him the neighborhood kids have loosened his lug nuts.
        Last edited by tbob4; November 15, 2020, 06:54 PM.

• wu7y
        wu7y commented
        Editing a comment
        Be careful out there. You don't want to be running around with loose nuts. Of which there are plenty on this site.

The site being down just gave me a reason to cook dinner tonight. Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy with rice and sweet corn.
      The gravy didn't even make it to the table, it was gawd awful! Hamburger steak was just about eatable but not quite. The rice and corn was good though. Been wanting to try the recipe. Now it's in the garbage and deleted from the computer.
      Thank god the site is up again!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow! That’s what I had last night. Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy! Sorry yours didn’t turn out well. I’ve got a pretty good recipe if you’re ever interested.

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a very good, but kind of complicated recipe and was feeling lazy tonight. Tried one from Saveur mag, I find their recipes to be hit or miss. Panhead John thanks

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Hamburger steak? Complicated recipe? What? There was 4 ingredients instead of 3?

Alrighty then!

I think I have it fixed up. There were a few limits that I needed to increase to make things run smoothly. So far so good.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes - thank you very much!

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Panhead John I gave him a You Da Man. Find your own accolades.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry! Didn’t see yours. I thought I just made that up. 😂

raywjohnson I have no idea what your talking about lol!! But thanks for making the magic happen!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here