Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messages messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messages messed up

My notifications says I have 5 messages, when I choose them the hamburger folds back up instead of opening messages.

iPad, Safari, iOS 14.1.

Same happens with me but if I choose go to message centre it takes you to the messages and you can choose the messages from there.

Comment

Originally posted by holehogg View Post
      Same happens with me but if I choose go to message centre it takes you to the messages and you can choose the messages from there.
      I’m set up to enter The Pit through Recent Messages, that’s what my bookmark is.

It works fine on Android.

Comment

Works ok on my iPhone10 and computer. They keep tweaking it but it always seems to work for me.

Comment

The same thing happens to me if I click on the drop down arrow next to messages or click directly on messages. If I click on notifications it does take me there.

Comment

Please refresh your browser cache. I have been making small changes and tweaks to the Javascripts and CSS. This will cause odd and unexpected issues if you do not get the latest changes. Browsers are supposed to do this automatically, but none of them seem to do that.

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Tried it. Didn’t work. It acts the same in Chrome for iPad.

I don’t have the topics running across the top, just the hamburger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	590C8239-7C3E-42B2-B609-3BB2B19D1651.png
Views:	187
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	940450

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct. The elements were moved to the navbar, the navbar is converted into the hamburger menu on smaller screens. Click the hamburger menu.

On my Android phone, the notifications and inbox are a sub header under messages. On my iPad, they are not, and when I tap the messages header, the hamburger closes.

This is iPad.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F9E7AD47-C097-4EFA-8E22-F0FF6FE803C2.png Views:	0 Size:	416.4 KB ID:	941072
            Last edited by Mosca; November 16, 2020, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Please refresh cache. What you see is outdated. I spotted that during testing and fixed it. I have been tweaking JS and CSS two or three times a day. This will cause some anomalies (like you are seeing here). A good refresh *should* solve it. Let me know if that does not fix it. Could still be a bug somewhere.

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Hold everything! I did some testing. I see the problem. If you click on the "Messages" and "My Membership" links direct, the menu closes. I will fix that.

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I have it fixed. Be sure to refresh cache.

This is on Android.

Name:	Screenshot_20201116-201513_Chrome.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	941076

Comment

When I hit the "message/notification" button on my iPhone it works after every third or fourth attempt. The menu comes down as Mosca showed above. The click just doesn’t take. Recent posts does not have that issue. No glitch on the computer.

Comment

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                I will fix that.

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I have it fixed. Be sure to refresh cache.

Where is there a hamburger?

Comment

On small screens, the icon with three lines is called the hamburger menu. As it looks like a burger (top bun, burger, bottom bun).

Name:	brisket-menu.png
Views:	186
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	941244

Comment

• 58limited
                  58limited commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks more like a bologna sandwich.

It works, thanks Ray!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here