Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More SUWYC Drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meathead , I found the beginning of the SUWYC Fall 2020 posts. It's on the last page of the 2016 topic, posted by Huskee to announce the start of the Volume 18 Fall 2020 SUWYC topic. It was posted 9/22/20.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...692#post914692

After his post, there are only 2 or 3 posts. But there are about 500 comments to Huskee's post, which contains at least some of the original Fall 2020 SUWYC posts.

Kathryn

And ETA: Panhead John's topic now labeled "not quite show us what you're cooking" is a spoof topic. It should not be a Featured or Sticky topic, or it will cause confusion. It hasn't been posted on since October 21 when the joke finally died, except for some comments from today, that is.
    Last edited by fzxdoc; November 7, 2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

All the SUWYC threads since February 2017 are appended to the SUWYC IV thread starting here:

Here we go again. Show us what you're cooking! III (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/the-pit-mastery-program/108549-show-us-what-you-re-cooking-iii) was starting to act a little quirky so we're starting the next round with SUWYC! IV. Past Show Us What You're Cooking Threads: SUWYC I (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for

That post and everything after it are the last 3 years of SUWYC threads.

Comment

Thanks mnavarre and fzxdoc and Donw for finding the "lost" posts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were not deleted, they are in the thread now named "Show us what you're cooking!!! IV - 2016 through 2020". That's a lotta posts! More than 49,000!

I'm thinking for ease of use we should start a new thread periodically, say annually or quarterly. What say you?
        Last edited by Meathead; November 7, 2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what we have always done. I see no reason to change it. Meaning, there has always been a new thread created periodically. Recently it has been seasonal.
          Last edited by Dewesq55; November 7, 2020, 06:53 PM.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          By the way, I don't believe I ever said that you deleted anything. I believe I said they were gone and presumably deleted. Happily that turned out to not be correct. If I did say that you deleted them, then I most humbly apologize. That said, I was not "whining" about anything. I was just trying to get to the bottom of the missing posts.

Meathead , when I try scrolling through those comments on Huskee's Fall 2020 post embedded in the SUWYC 2016-2020, the same 25 comments do not change. When I hit the Up or Down arrow to go to the next batch of comments in the 500 comment string, the 25 comments stay the same, only their post # changes.

Here's the link again to Huskee's post with the comment section that is supposed to contain all the Fall 2020 posts but which actually seem to contain only 25-28 of them.

Show Us>>Show Us What You're Cooking IV 2016-November 7, 2020>>https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...692#post914692

In summary, Huskee's Fall 2020 post comes up with 3 comments 497-499. When you hit the Up arrow, you get comments 476-500. When you hit the Up arrow again, the post numbers on the comments change to 451-475 but the comments themselves don't change. So there are only 25 posts (28 counting the three that initially show) showing for Fall 2020.

Just thought you'd want to know.

Kathryn

Edited to add: I think the same thing is happening with the comments following all of Huskee's SUWYC announcement posts for Summer 2020, Spring 2020 etc.
        Last edited by fzxdoc; November 8, 2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          This is beyond my pay grade so I am bumping it up to Ray, out vBulletin expert. It is Sunday and he works nights, so it may take some time.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Meathead . I just thought you'd want to know.

Kathryn

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          I did not get to this today. I will try to figure it out and fix it tomorrow... it is 3am, so later today after I get some sleep!

Here's a link to the working SUWYC for the rest of the year https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...hrough-12-2020
        Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; November 8, 2020, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here