Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments are giving errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments are giving errors

Two errors on different comments. The first one told me my several word comment was too long and exceeded... 0. Dismissing the error posted the comment though.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 9.51.18 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	83.6 KB ID:	933163

The second comment (same thread) was longer and gave this error. It didnt' post after dismissing the error but clicking post again worked:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 9.52.16 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	933162

both were in this thread: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...nd-roast-ideas

MORE INFO: Safari 14, macOS 10.15.7.

I can only suspect that there was some Javascript error that broke the comments max characters parameter. I am trying to test this and see if I can reproduce the error (if that was indeed the issue).

I did notice something that might be the cause. I used a very common function name for the comments length check. I changed that to something more unique.

Please let me know if this happens again. If you think of it, when you see the error message, hit Command+Option+J (Apple/Safari) or Control+Shift+J (all others). And copy/paste any errors. Make sure show errors is selected (should be tabs or a drop down to toggle this).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here