Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost thread

I have notifications that people have posted on a thread I started a while back, but when I try to read the comments, I receive a message that the message was not found or I’m not authorized.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DCAFC66C-4BB8-4BE1-A06B-92E4B00B0C03.png
Views:	206
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	929500

Has happened to me once or twice but it eventually comes back on line. If I'm not mistaken if I log out and log in again.

Comment

This happens when a thread is move or deleted after the notification is posted.

The system is supposed to properly redirect to the new location. I think that there was a problem with the database ( I received a number of notices today ). I will look into that.

The topic is here:

Alcohol in Meathead's bacon brine

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        You do good work. Thanks for your patience while all of us "not technologically advanced" folks catch up. With the changes, you will likely get a lot of complaints. I appreciate your dedication and I promise to only cuss about change to my wife, not in the forum.

This may be a related issue but not sure. I received a notification this morning that two members had commented on a post I had made on the "Changes" thread. I didn't recall posting anything on that thread and when I checked I found nothing posted from me on the thread. I'm not particularly worried about it as strange things happen in the cyber world but I thought it might be something you should know about. And like the rest of us I truly appreciate all the work you do for us. Thanks.

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing to worry about. That is a little bug. Everyone is getting notifications for posts in the announcements channel. I will fix that today.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here