Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Member's Location ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member's Location ?

I'm new here & don't know anyone or where they live. It would be nice if their location is by their avator (with their permission of course).

Hi barney!

methinks it could be part of the sig, or casually mentioned in a post. We're all close here regardless of physical location.

--Ed

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      Howdy @Ed !

Jerry
      Last edited by barney; June 26, 2015, 07:48 PM.

My location is in my username. Granted, Florida is rather large but...

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      Texas is also kinda big, but Alaska is LARGE.

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      lol...very true.

Originally posted by barney View Post
    I'm new here & don't know anyone or where they live. It would be nice if their location is by their avator (with their permission of course).

Why???
    Last edited by Jon Solberg; June 28, 2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• barney
      barney commented
      Editing a comment
      I was just wondering 'cause some members meet up and GTG are good times, thats all.

if you click on a person's username, then the "about" tab, you'll be taken to a page that shows location info if the individual has chosen to share it.

Comment

The issue is privacy. You can share your location if you want, but if we all find out you are the king of brisket and we know you are cooking on Sunday, you might not want us all showing up unannounced... Also, there are several celebrities from the music, acting, and sports world among us and they are not keen to have their location public. But if you want to share, you can.

Comment

FYI on locations, even though this is a private forum, I have seen folks on other forums (archery) get their homes burglarized (of archery gear) while out of town, and they just happened to have their location listed and announce to the "www" that they were heading out of town for the week.

Comment

I understand the privacy thing. It was just a thought, guess it was a brain fart or the effects of getting old.

Comment

• Meathead
            Meathead commented
            Editing a comment
            No! I'd love to do it too, but I don't know how to do it.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here