Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

notifications not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notifications not showing up

Recently I've discovered posts where another member had mentioned me in a post while scrolling that never showed up in my notifications. Anyone else having this issue?

hoovarmin I noticed something weird like that yesterday. I tagged you just as a test.

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      It worked that time tbob4. Thanks

I see it from time to time. Not sure how to fix it, if it's a system thing, a gnome, a browser issue, or human error.

A human-error thing that I'm aware of is sometimes if you have several notifications, some might be all in the same topic. Then you go there in search of the first one and you read it. Then the system thinks you've seen all your mentions/comments/likes in that topic since you've visited that topic, and so it clears all the other notifications. To alleviate this, you can right-click each notification, and then "open in new tab", and this may help you see each one of several that might be in the same topic, while keeping the original Messages/Notifications page open in its own tab.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      The latter is a system error too imo.

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee thanks. Actually I'm aware of that issue and always right click my notifications so as not to delete other notifications from the same thread. Learned that from fzxdoc a while back.

Ack! you caught us talking about you!

Comment

Sorry I am late to the party. Busy week.

You can view your old notices by setting the filter to Both or Dismissed Only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	notices-filter.png
Views:	167
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	924017

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here