Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppress ads on free site for pit master members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raywjohnson
    commented on 's reply
    I think I got you all fixed up. MikeTru -- It was a bad date on the cookie. Let me know if you still see ads.

• Meathead
    replied
    The ad blocking question is answered in full here https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-being-blocked

We do not consider the "Spotlight" on the right to be an ad. It is not from a third party and we are not paid for the products we recommend. The Spotlight is important because we used to get a ton of questions "Can you recommend a gas grill" etc. These are products we love. We consider it a reader service. And yes we MIGHT get a finder's fee if you click the lin k, but I can assure you, our selections are made with YOU in mind, not us.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    The answer is here in the Help section
    There should be no paid third party ads for mortgages, cars, weight loss, etc. or ads begging you to join the Pitmaster Club if you are a member and you are logged in. If there are, something is wrong and we need to know about it ASAP. When you are a member of The Pitmaster Club you must login once for us to tell your web

• MikeTru
    replied
    How can I stop this ad from showing up on the free side? I am signed on the Pitmaster paid side but I keep getting this pop-up.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    I don't even notice the sidebar really. If something new shows up it will catch my eye a few times then disappear with the others.
    If I need/want something I know where to look; side bar or free side.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think many people buy the shirts so removing them is OK. I already tol Ray to can them.

• klflowers
    replied
    I like the ads. They are a constant MCS temptation.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    Yeah, if it’s removed then something else will be in its place. Also, the products we love "ads" don’t bother me. In fact I used it to buy my SnS. Once you’ve visited a few times, it’s just in the background for most of us. The blinking "How to Support Amazing Ribs" is a little annoying and distracting. But only the blinking aspect, not the actual ad.
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 5, 2020, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Davek8282
    replied
    Meathead . I would leave the shirt and support promo's on the right sidebar. I don't consider it an issue. I have trained myself not to pay too much attention to that sidebar as I scroll down the page. I would suspect that is common with the bulk of people frequenting the site.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    I have asked Ray remove the promo for shirts from the right sidebar and the "How To Support AmazingRibs.com" promo.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    I forgot to mention: We do not allow video or animated ads even though they pay a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Stuey1515
    commented on 's reply
    Meathead I stand corrected sir

• jhapka
    replied
    They could write those killer recipes in Wingdings font and have pop ups for dollar shave club and I’d still frequent.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Should be NO 3rd party ads anywhere on the site if you are a member unless you are blocking cookies. Read this https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-being-blocked

• Meathead
    replied
    You should not see 3rd party ads anywhere, even on the free side unless you are blocking cookies. All the stuff on the right side is from us, not 3rd parties. That is what we promise when you join. No 3rd party ads. If you are seeing 3rd party ads, read this and let's make them go away
    https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-being-blocked

1) Please note: Even for non-members, there are NO ads within the text of the articles except on phones which have only one column. Not many website have no ads within the text. Those ads pay more but we don't take the money. We confine all ads to the periphery. We leave money on the table but we don't like interrupting the content.

2) About the right column: In our member survey we were shocked to learn that a lot of members didn't know about the Meat-Up In Memphis which is an event we are doing primarily for members, so we kinda think that promoting it here is OK. OK? Out of 400 spaces only 28 are left so a lot of members will be there.

3) We don't make a penny on the bowling shirts, and only a few pennies on the T-shirts. The Spotlight features products we genuinely love and we show them to you. A lot of you own Pit Barrels and KBQ and Thermapens etc and I'm betting you heard about them here first. This feature is pretty low on the page. Yes, we make a small finder's fee. Helps pay the bills and for my Porsche. Seriously, no sports car. 10 year old Subaru.

And as you can tell, we haven't spent any money on fancy design and cute bells and whistles. Money goes to content and functionality.
    Last edited by Meathead; October 4, 2020, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here