Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppress ads on free site for pit master members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppress ads on free site for pit master members

I have to admit when I joined the pitmaster club I thought id see no (or at least fewer/less intrusive) ads on the main site.

I think that would be tricky to manage on the website, no ads on this side though

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Head on over to Introduce Yerself, an let us know summat bout yerself, if'n ya'd be so kind...Glad to have ya here. :

Comment

I can’t speak for the management but that’s why you joined the paid side of Amazing Ribs.
      Here you don’t get the adds.
      But the free side needs to them to help support this entire site.
      Stay over here and you’ll find a great group of people with incredible knowledge whom are willing to share and help.

Comment

When you have issues, remember to scan though the Help topics, accessed from the Help tab in the main red menu bar above. Here's the Help topic on Ad Blocking: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-being-blocked

Let us know if this doesn't help you and we will investigate further. Remember, the Spotlight on the right side (on desktop view) are not ads, they are products we love.

Comment

I will admit, the site is in general ugly, noisy... particularly due to the right-side self-promotion. Looks like a 90's GeoCities site.

It does legitimately limit the amount of time I spend browsing here. There's gotta be a better way to represent products that are loved in a less obnoxious way.

Comment

You should not see 3rd party ads anywhere, even on the free side unless you are blocking cookies. All the stuff on the right side is from us, not 3rd parties. That is what we promise when you join. No 3rd party ads. If you are seeing 3rd party ads, read this and let's make them go away
            https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-being-blocked

1) Please note: Even for non-members, there are NO ads within the text of the articles except on phones which have only one column. Not many website have no ads within the text. Those ads pay more but we don't take the money. We confine all ads to the periphery. We leave money on the table but we don't like interrupting the content.

2) About the right column: In our member survey we were shocked to learn that a lot of members didn't know about the Meat-Up In Memphis which is an event we are doing primarily for members, so we kinda think that promoting it here is OK. OK? Out of 400 spaces only 28 are left so a lot of members will be there.

3) We don't make a penny on the bowling shirts, and only a few pennies on the T-shirts. The Spotlight features products we genuinely love and we show them to you. A lot of you own Pit Barrels and KBQ and Thermapens etc and I'm betting you heard about them here first. This feature is pretty low on the page. Yes, we make a small finder's fee. Helps pay the bills and for my Porsche. Seriously, no sports car. 10 year old Subaru.

And as you can tell, we haven't spent any money on fancy design and cute bells and whistles. Money goes to content and functionality.
            Last edited by Meathead; October 4, 2020, 08:38 PM.

Comment

They could write those killer recipes in Wingdings font and have pop ups for dollar shave club and I’d still frequent.

Comment

I forgot to mention: We do not allow video or animated ads even though they pay a lot.

Comment

I have asked Ray remove the promo for shirts from the right sidebar and the "How To Support AmazingRibs.com" promo.

Comment

Meathead . I would leave the shirt and support promo's on the right sidebar. I don't consider it an issue. I have trained myself not to pay too much attention to that sidebar as I scroll down the page. I would suspect that is common with the bulk of people frequenting the site.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Meathead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think many people buy the shirts so removing them is OK. I already tol Ray to can them.

Yeah, if it’s removed then something else will be in its place. Also, the products we love "ads" don’t bother me. In fact I used it to buy my SnS. Once you’ve visited a few times, it’s just in the background for most of us. The blinking "How to Support Amazing Ribs" is a little annoying and distracting. But only the blinking aspect, not the actual ad.
                    Last edited by Panhead John; October 5, 2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I like the ads. They are a constant MCS temptation.

Comment

I don't even notice the sidebar really. If something new shows up it will catch my eye a few times then disappear with the others.
                        If I need/want something I know where to look; side bar or free side.

Comment

How can I stop this ad from showing up on the free side? I am signed on the Pitmaster paid side but I keep getting this pop-up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here