Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking by Facebook and others on AmazingRibs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raywjohnson
    replied
    For information.

For those that are just now getting feedback (from updated browsers) on trackers, you will discover that you are tracked all over the web. The main culprits are Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Double Click.

I use (and have used) uBlock Origin (plugin/add-on) for years. It blocks the trackers. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ublock-origin/

For Apple/iOS/iPhone (Safari), you might try Ghostery https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ghoste...er/id472789016

I strongly suggest implementing a 3rd party blocker. Why? Because the big corp that created your browser will, at some point, take payment from Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Double Click to NOT block those trackers (cookies).

Leave a comment:

• BBQPhil
    replied
    The new Safari identified these trackers, but also blocked them.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    Use duckduckgo and you will be OK.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    oh please!

• jhapka
    replied
    I’m confident that AR is a reasonably good steward of my data, but I acknowledge that the big data conglomerates attempt to track my activity on AR. I’m an advocate for deleting all large scale social media, cancelling Amazon, and turning off notifications for everything except phone calls... and fireboard lol

I’m glad that phone manufacturers are allowing end users some tools to restrict tracking.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I would be okay with facebook just going away.

Leave a comment:

• BBQPhil
    started a topic Tracking by Facebook and others on AmazingRibs.com

Tracking by Facebook and others on AmazingRibs.com

Apple's new MacOS that I am beta testing now shows sites that track users when the using the new Safari browser. Now, many sites track to understand statistics, but this site also allows Facebook to track us. And Facebook is notorious for tracking non-members and not doing it anonymously. Here is what Safari shows when arriving at this site.
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here