Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please stop these pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please stop these pictures

This does not make me want to tell a friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brave_KCPYKng6TX.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	915849Click image for larger version

Name:	brave_MMxDsHyKnA.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	915850Click image for larger version

Name:	brave_r34jkPgaLU.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	915851Click image for larger version

Name:	brave_V9cbDpXYQe.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	915852

If you have the history on this, I bet that I objectively visit the site less often since you started forcing me to look at these every time. My kids are 18 and 20 - I been there done that, and I have no desire to deal with messy faces. And I certainly don't find them to be a great selling point.

Just being honest.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the rib faces either. How about a slideshow of the SUWYC photos?

Comment

Yep, got to agree not fun to see Meathead. Please listen to your paying cusomers. This has come up B4. It's annoying.

Comment

And you damn kids get off of my lawn!!!!

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          And I’m keeping your ball.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Get off my lawn, I'm keeping the ball, but the dog can stay. And wipe your filthy face.

• BFlynn
          BFlynn commented
          Editing a comment
          bbqLuv - you don't YELL at my STUPID dogs!!

Joking - they share half a brain. Theyte sweet but they ain't so bright. Bless their hearts

Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
        And you damn kids get off of my lawn!!!!
        Good idea.

Comment

So, when yer undies got all bunched up there & got tight, have ya thought what ya’ll look like after eatin Wibs? Or are you the genteel like with a cloth napkin at the corner of yer mouth a scusin yerself fer the ever so slight little smidgeon of sauce as you properly chew 21 times.
          We’re so glad ya brought this to our attention. BTW, that guy with the Green & white shirt should be slapped.

Comment

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            yep. The green and white shirt guy needs to grow on up.

• JoeSousa
            JoeSousa commented
            Editing a comment
            Forget a napkin, I keep a wet rag nearby. Same when I am eating a big pile of buffalo wings. Napkins just don't cut it.

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            JoeSousa - We called that the Family Napkin. Very handy for ribs, wings, etc.

Is this a serious post?

Comment

• Cheef
            Cheef commented
            Editing a comment
            I sure hope so.

Agreed. One of my biggest pet peeves is people with food smeared on their faces. Now I have to see it every day.

Comment

So what do you think would be better pics to use then? The guys might take us more seriously if we offer up better alternatives.

I personally don’t mind the ads but I am inclined to think a rotating list of pics from the food threads would add a bit more variety instead of the same pics for months.

Comment

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. It's one thing to see and follow the recipes, but the photos of great food being made by average Joes (and Janes) convinced me that I could do the same, and motivated me to add to my skill set.

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              I take EVERYTHING seriously. But I did not see this thread. If you want to get my attention, include Meathead in a post.

• richinlbrg
              richinlbrg commented
              Editing a comment
              Just ask Ernest for permision to use his pics.

Download Ublock Origin on either firefox or chrome:

CHROME -- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jbkeiagm?hl=en
            or
            FIREFOX -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ublock-origin/

Click on "My dashboard"
            Click on "My filters"

Paste the following

||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend7.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend2.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend6.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend1.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend9.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend12.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend8.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend4.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend3.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend11.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend5.jpg$image
            ||pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pit-asset.php?src=tellafriend/friend10.jpg$image

--

In the future, if you see any other photos you don't want to look at, right click on it and click "block element." It will add it to your filter list as well.
            Last edited by 101Airborne; September 24, 2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              You take the fun out of.........everything. 🕶

• GolfGeezer
              GolfGeezer commented
              Editing a comment
              101Airborne This extension for browsers is Great! Just loaded it for Microsoft Edge. Works exactly as "advertised" - right click an image or element, the uBlock option shows in the dropdown, and just click it. Image or element no longer shows!

• LDimick
              LDimick commented
              Editing a comment
              I am not necessarily bothered by the pictures but I want to try this with pi-hole.

Where exactly are those pics??

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              They are part of the Tell a Friend system I created. They can easily be changed.

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              You only see them on the desktop version of the site. YOU CAN NOT MISS THEM.

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              Not visible on your cell phone Jerod

I am just going to follow this for the entertainment...

Comment

I’m just here for the comments 🍿

Comment

Seems like you could pull in all the food shots featured/chosen for hot from the pit. There’s a bunch so they wouldn’t repeat as often. I know they usually make me hungry or want to go cook something.

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And they would definitely make someone want to tell a friend. Seeing the incredible photos of stuff people were cooking is what made me want to be a full fledged member.
                  Last edited by Steve R.; September 25, 2020, 07:06 AM.

• coupster
                  coupster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  YES!! Even pictures of Meathead's burnt chicken search would be better than dirty dorky smiling faces.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. The picture of the little black kid gnawing on a rib bone is stereotypical and hence racist.
                My posse is gonna go and burn something on the grill to protest.

Beef Loins Matter.

Comment

• Cheef
                  Cheef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Burning something on a grill is better than burning down a city.
                  I'll probably be part of your posse this afternoon. I'm thinking about elevating one of my favorite grill items to the max this afternoon.
                  HOT DOGS charred to the absolute outer limits, white bread, and good old cheap yellow mustard is ON for lunch.
                  (Wife is out shopping so I'm left to my own devices and ideas. Gonna be a good day]!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here