Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option to automatically follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to automatically follow

a post when I comment on it. I looked through the options, but I haven't seen one. Also, something where when we click on the links in the messages it deletes them... or a button to "delete all". Would make life a little simpler. Just a thought.

Check out the notification options in message center. This might be the settings you're looking for. Let me know if this does / does not solve the problem.

Comment

I checked out that section, and it seems like the options would send e-mails to you for replies and whatnot, but it only seems to actually send them if I click follow at the top of the page. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I did see by clicking on "Notifications" on the left side that there is a way to delete all messages, so that I did honestly miss. I had never clicked over there before because they all show up on the first page.

Thank you!

Comment

FCF is this still an issue for you or is it resolved?

Comment

• fredcanfly
          fredcanfly commented
          Editing a comment
          It seems to have resolved itself as far as I can tell. Thank you!

• Christobol
          Christobol commented
          Editing a comment
          I've noticed that I don't see updates to threads that I've posted in, when I don't click follow. FCF is this what you're talking about?

I received a message that someone wanted to follow me? I hit allow and it went away what did I allow and what did I do?

Comment

• _Keith
          _Keith commented
          Editing a comment
          It just means that if you post something here the person following you will be notified of the post.

• Papa Bob
          Papa Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you I don't understand a lot of like, follow, flag, I don't do any social media so I'm not real hip to it all

Originally posted by Papa Bob View Post
        I received a message that someone wanted to follow me? I hit allow and it went away what did I allow and what did I do?

When they go to their message center they can look at all of the posts you've made. Seems kind of silly when all you have to do is click on someone's username to do the same thing.

Comment

Something that may help: when you have read a thread, the link is red and in normal type. If someone has posted in a thread that you have read, the link is red, but in boldface.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here