Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May we please have a PRINT button that's aware of mobile devices and can print a recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May we please have a PRINT button that's aware of mobile devices and can print a recipe?

I read email on my phone. I would like to be able to print recipes from my phone. The PRINT button you have does not work (no preview ever shows up).

Would you please fix this. Thank you.

Come on! Who can refuse Santa!?!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the Pit!

So. When can I give you my 2020 wish list?

I will fix it. But... where is the PRINT button at?

Comment

Since there is no app for the site, printing is entirely a function controlled by your browser on your phone. Try a different browser. On my Android (Samsung Note 10+) using Microsoft Edge printing works as expected. This is what I seen when I press the print button on a recipe here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200902-033336_Print Spooler.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	904640

Comment

Call me simple but I think printing from a phone is bad to the bone. Maybe it's because I'm merely a spectator at this point.

Comment

I use the Firefox browser on an android phone. There's no print function available in the browser itself, so without some work-around, you can't print info from any website, not just AR.

It's not been an issue for me -- I just print from my desktop -- but I appreciate that others don't have that option or find it inconvenient.
          Last edited by IowaGirl; September 2, 2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            One can always use a browser that actually is able to print. Just saying.

• IowaGirl
            IowaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I get that. My point is maybe the OP is using Firefox for mobile and doesn't know this browser doesn't allow printing. Just trying to be helpful.

I just printed the Maple Glazed Ribs Recipe on a HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 from my iPhone using Chrome. It worked flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by raywjohnson View Post
            I will fix it. But... where is the PRINT button at?
            Like this: (but note that this DOES work for me on iOS)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 9.17.03 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	98.9 KB ID:	904760
            Last edited by rickgregory; September 2, 2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, I print regularly from my iPhone or iPads... And with the exception of my large format printer, they’re all wireless.

Heck, I can even print on most of my friends printers. (I did set them up after all. LOL)

If a recipe I like is posted by one of our members, I just copy and paste it into a word processing program ("Word" in my case) and go from there.

Comment

Ok. Mobile devices generally do not have print functionality. Why? Not connect to a printer. No printer driver or app installed.

But... you can share. Use the share feature to send a page to a device, email, or printer (if available).

Comment

You can print from Chrome using your computer or mobile device. ... Print. If your wireless printer says that it's Cloud ready, follow your printer ... To print from an Android device, you'll need to set up Google Cloud Print on your Google Account.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here