Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other’s pics not coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other’s pics not coming up

I’ve been coming across this on multiple channels. I use an iPad and iPhone.
    Attached Files

I’m having the same problem, I was just about to make a post about it! Also using iPhone. It just updated to the latest iOS two days ago, but I had no issues seeing pics yesterday after it updated. If I click on an empty pic box I get a message saying "invalid file specified".

Comment

Yup, same here. Don’t know what has changed?

Comment

Thanks for the screen shot. Always good. But please remember to provide a link as well. I have to try to read the post and then search for it. I link would make things much easier.

And.. something bad has happened, all attachments are missing. I am investigating now.

Comment

Ray investigates !!!!

Comment

raywjohnson I'm having the same problem on the SUWYC thread. I use Dell with Windows 10 and Firefox. Most pics on SUWYC are not showing but the last two posts by treesmacker and troymeister are fine.

Edit: Its happening on other threads too affecting most pics, but not all.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...e19#post895021

Screenshot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2020-08-12 Show Us What You're Cooking (SUWYC)- Volume 17, Summer 2020 - Pitmaster Club.png Views:	0 Size:	179.3 KB ID:	895050
            Last edited by 58limited; August 12, 2020, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Greetings All,

I am aware of the missing images issue.

It was caused by a hacker who could not complete his hack attempt.

In frustration s/he apparently tried to delete the entire server.

The attachments folder was (basically) the only files effected.

Unfortunately there is no recovery of these files.

I did not discover the hack soon enough to prevent the backup/rsync system from also deleting the backup files.

I did find a backup of the attachments from April 20, 2020. I restored that. But attachments from then to Aug 11, 2020 are lost.

--RayJ

Comment

• Dan Deter
                Dan Deter commented
                Editing a comment
                Hackers suck. Thanks for your efforts!

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Ouch!

I would setup a cron job to backup the site nightly... that is what I do on several production systems - they backup nightly to a remote Linux server via timestamped tar.gz files, then scp to my SSH account on a backup system.

How frustrating, for you and for us, raywjohnson . Thanks for all you do. Hackers are such a menace.

Question: when/if we go back to edit our posts with photos, they should show up correctly, right?

Kathryn
              Last edited by fzxdoc; August 12, 2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's not working for me at the moment, fzxdoc

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Uh oh, Dewesq55 .

K.

Not getting pics either.
              Give me the hackers fingers and a nice heavy sledge hammer

Comment

raywjohnson - When I just tried to reload one of my pics from yesterday that had been lost in the hack attack, they won't insert into the post.

Comment

raywjohnson I just tried to upload photos in a post, and got an error that the server folder for attachments was missing or unwritable.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribs1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	895207

I have stopped getting the error that the server folder doesn't exist, and now just get broken links like this one.
                    It is the same if I try to upload via website or mobile phone.

Comment

Same as BFlynn on Samsung Tab 3 and S7 Edge.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's patience. We and RayJ are aware of this issue, as you'll read in posts after this one RayJ has most restored.

*PLEASE NOTE, NO ONE'S FINANCIAL INFO was accessed, we do not store it. That stuff is stored by PayPal (if you were an early joining member in 2014, 2015) or Stripe if you've joined after that.

Comment

Thanks for all of your hard work. I'll wait a bit for y'all to get everything in order then try to go back and repost all of my pics from the last few months.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here