Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be on the lookout for bugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be on the lookout for bugs.

As I am continuously working to make the site work better, I had to make a change the could introduce bugs. The change should make the site load a bit faster. I did plenty of testing, but that never catches every possible bug.

Let me know if you spot one!

Thanks.

You need to sleep a bit later, bro. Or go to be earlier. Thanks for always improving and upgrading for us. I have no complaints.

Comment

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

I appreciate th warning, Ray...

I utilize this site over 3 different platforms, an all was purty-much bug-squashed, stable until last upgrade...not so much, since, but ridin th storm out, as I know yer hard at work, behind th scenes, an my bitchin ain't nowhere likely to expedite th process....

I'll call em out, as I see em; reckon I've already seen some fixed, since upgrade, without my ever wastin yer time by utterin any words, much less moans/groans.
    Preciate all that yer doin, Brother

Happy Independence Day, to alla yall, therabouts.

Comment

The new link to last post feature appears to be broken. The icon still works.

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I think I know the cause. I will fix that asap.

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed!

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes this works, sometimes not. Still trying to discern a pattern.

Whew! I thought there was a recall on pork or something! Keep up the good work!
      Last edited by smokenoob; July 3, 2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

I don't know how long this has been happening, but if I type a series of all caps, only the first letter is in caps.

AAAAAA

This doesn't really bother me, but I thought it might be a hint for some other problem(s).

win10 and chrome

Hmmm - posted as all caps. I will try a comment and a reply...
      Last edited by RonB; July 7, 2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Aaaa

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Aaaaa

Aaaa

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed. It was a setting. The "No Shout" setting. If X letters in a row are all caps (shouting), then change to lowercase (accept the first letter). That was set way to low (3). I changed it to 30. So you would have to type A 30 times to see it happen again.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        raywjohnson - you da man!

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same issue with PBC!

I am pretty sure this is not site related but I was wondering if you could shed some light on the picture not showing when the post is done from a phone thing asked about in this thread:

I'm not sure exactly what's going on. Sometimes - when I upload and insert pics from my phone, they are visible in the post via my phone, but not when I read the post on the website. Most of the time it works fine, but this has happened 3 or 4 times.

Comment

I tried this and it seemed to help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	876793

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm really surprised this has not been posted before give the crowd around here. Oh, wait a moment I resemble that remark.

After bein on the site for about 5 minutes, especially the post with the food pics, I start to drool a little. What can be done to fix this problem.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Wax your mustache into a handlebar style and hang a small bucket on it! 😛

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          ofelles , the stache is fer leftovers & I do use wax btw.

Boyz I wouldn’t know a computer bug if it walked up and not me on the arse
        My ignorance of computers aside I do appreciate the work you do
        Thank you

Comment

raywjohnson my browser keeps logging me out. I can’t stay logged in. Is that related to the update?

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep. If your browser did not update it's cache, this could be the problem. Sometimes browsers get stuck and do not update cached files. Try a CTRL+F5 (on PC) or CMD+R (on Apple/Mac). Also, be sure to select the Remember Me check box when you login.

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
          raywjohnson my browser keeps logging me out. I can’t stay logged in. Is that related to the update?
          I’ll second that one. Happens to me too now.

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            The only way that this issue can happen, is if the login cookie is not being saved. When you login, be sure the "Remember Me" check box is set. And that you do not have some plugin (or anti virus, or anti malware) that is automatically deleting the cookie.

• andy.wpg
            andy.wpg commented
            Editing a comment
            I cleared everything again, and it seems to be working fine now. Thanks Ray!

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            I am here to help!

I had a red screen pop up while on this site last weekend. With a window asking HawkerXP (me) to use my password to log back in. Scared me into shutting down.

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            That is ok. That pops up if your login expires and they system tries to do something that accessed login only data. This can happen via ajax and the page does not refresh, just the password box shows. No worries.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks.

I almost always read the Recent posts. Recently, when I click to next page (or "2") the system tells me my time is up and I can’t go to page 2. iPhone 8+, iOS auto updates, Safari.

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            I testing this on the iPhone that I have (but it is version 10, I think), seemed to work fine. Try the cache refresh -- CTRL+F5 (on PC) or CMD+R (on Apple/Mac) -- let me know!

• Randy-Phx
            Randy-Phx commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s probably just my flaky phone. The last couple of times in the Pit I had this issue. Today everything seems to be working fine.

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes a device (or the browser) will take it's sweet time updating it's cache). I have all the directives set to one hour. But the browser is free to ignore that. Unfortunately there are many "caches" between you and a website (ISP, Router, and VPN or Proxy if you use one). Any of these could be the culprit.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here