Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Spam?

I just had a post get flagged as "potential spam" and requiring moderator approval? Too many pictures or something?

Hi ecowper

I approved your post.

Yep. 8 image limit might be a bit draconian. Especially for this forum. I will up that a tick.

--RayJ

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RayJ! Yeah, that 8 pic limit prolly won’t work here :-)

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Odd thing. I do not find a limit on images in the spam check. But only a limit on links (7). I wonder if the system bungled this and counted the images since the are also links to themselves. I will have to do some testing. You might have found a bug!

I was wondering why I had to approve a post that appeared to have a plethora of pictures. Not yours ecowper

Comment

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      I will work on this. See what is causing the "too many images, needs approved" issue.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      My posts almost always have a plethora of pictures :-)

At one point I upped it to 12, I suppose updates reset it.

Comment

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      I upped it again. From looking over the code, this is the problem. The code does not ignore internal links.

Huskee raywjohnson I just made a couple edits to my original Bean Soup post and it got flagged a spam again. This is fun.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I caught it and re-approved it!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee ain’t system upgrades fun?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      ecowper it reminds me of getting new furniture and moving it in the house, leaving the doors open while you do so. Then you spend 3 days getting all the mosquitoes and flies out that flew in during the 'upgrade'.

I'm having trouble with photos in portrait. Landscape seems OK.

Comment

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to scale the original uploaded image attachments. Otherwise the server gets many GB of image files stored. And the page can only display them at 660px wide. So I scale them down to 640px.

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      raywjohnson wouldn't portrait be narrower than landscape? I'm thinking I'm getting kicked on height. I'll check again next time I'm uploading.

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. The limits are set for both height and width, but are preferential to landscape. Currently the limits are 8192x4608. A simple one color image at that size is over 350M. The same image at 640x480 is only about 3K. 1000 times smaller.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here