Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search result already expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search result already expired

Does anyone else get this error message when browsing recent posts? If I click the browser back button after reading the posts in a topic, I sometimes get this message. It's just an annoyance, but I don't know if it's something with my browser or a bug in the site software.

Click image for larger version

Name:	search error.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	855209

Yes, frequently. And it can be a real nuisance.

Comment

Yes, quite often. People have complained about it before in another thread yet it continues to happen.

Comment

This is on my todo list to try and fix. It is a problem with the way the software caches search results. It was already reported as a bug to the developers (vBulletin). I hope to find a solution in the near future.

Comment

• jerrybell
          jerrybell commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the follow up. I missed where this was brought up in and earlier post and didn't intend to pile on. I'd guess on most days you are busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Thanks, Brother Ray. I didn't wanna add to th Din but it is a pita.
        Me?...
        Win10, Mozilla, or S-5 Galaxy.
        Good Luck, Bug Squashin, an Happy Trails, from th Windswept Prairie.

Comment

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

What I do is to open each post I want to read in a separate tab. That way there is no back and forth - just close each tab as you are done reading it.
        I use the scroll wheel to open each link in a new tab, but if you don't have your mouse set up that way, you can right click on a link to open a box with choices of what you want to do with the link.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I do this as well, systematically, categorically, consistently: right click, open in new tab, or window...still, sometimes, git this bug poppin up, afore I've read alla th posts from a given Topic Runnin Win 10 / Mozilla browser...

I have completed the upgrade today. Let me know if this is still a bug.

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          raywjohnson I just got this using the back function. MS Edge - I haven't tried with Chrome or Firefox. The error message is the exactly the same as shown in the first post.

Thanks for all you do Ray---that the rest of us don't even realize you're doing to make this site work!

Comment

Thanks Ray. Hope you have a great weekend.

Comment

Hi raywjohnson ,
            I unfortunately saw this issue again today. I can try to pay more attention to the situation the next time this occurs, if that might help track the issue down.

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Please try to get the exact error message. A screen shot will do. Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here