Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preview Box Doesn't Disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Box Doesn't Disappear

I've noticed recently when accessing Recent Posts that the preview box that appears when clicking on the Subject no longer disappears when I move the cursor. If I click on the topic it does, but otherwise not. I'm on an iMac running Catalina and accessing via Safari

First thing to try, go to Recent Posts and do hard refresh of the page: Command + R (⌘+R)

Comment

• fkrall
      fkrall commented
      Editing a comment
      Ta Da!! Gone. Thanks, Ray. First time i've heard of a hard refresh--how's it normally used?

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a way to force your web browser to update it's cached content (related to the page you are viewing). Since many resources/content are the same on all pages (like style sheets, images, and javascripts), a hard or forced refresh on one page fixes many issues. See my post below for more info.

All web browsers use a trick to make things load faster. After the first time you view a page, the images and text, html, style sheets, and javascripts are stored on your computer. So the next time you visit the pages, the browser does not have to wait for the server to deliver the content (which can be much slower). But, if the server content gets changed (usually style sheets or javascripts) and your browser fails to update that, then a hard or forced refresh will make the browser get the changes.

Whenever you have any odd issue with a web page display, the first thing you can try is a CTRL+F5 (Linux or PC), Command+R (Apple).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here