Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems staying logged into the free site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems staying logged into the free site

I keep getting a members only pop up when navigating around the free site even after I log in. Using safari on an iPhone. Anybody else?

Yes we're experiencing some errors with the Members Only curtain on some select recipes that we've made members only. We have the IT team alerted and they're going to get it fixed. The idea was to make many of our fancier recipes unavailable to the public and only for members. We tested the curtain and it worked well in tests, but now we see bugs. Sigh.... computers.... Sorry for the frustration.

Comment

• orphious
      orphious commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. So maybe that's the problem? Authentication isn't working from one platform to the other. Just spit ballin here.. Hence my comment about pulling off paid content from the free site and moving it to the paid site. Instead of hiding it behind a curtain. You could still have the link to the recipe on the free site but when clicked it would direct you to the log on page for the paid site. Again.. I could be wrong here but these are my observations..

• orphious
      orphious commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I can tell you guys are trying to put a page up in front of the recipe that will disappear when you authenticate.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      orphious We can't just pull the recipes from there and paste them here, that's an HTML site, this isn't. The curtain is currently the only option to add value to our members but at the moment with the glitch it's detracting and we apologize. The gurus are on it. We will be switching from Drupal later this summer/early fall so this kinda thing will be a distant memory. Please hang in there.

Also, and maybe you know this but please make sure you have cookies enabled, at least from us, on any device you use to browse AR. That's how it remembers you're a member.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes, it remembers you are member worth remembering, memberlly speaking, remember?

This should be fixed now. If anyone notices this again please let us know. It may take a hard refresh on your machine: Command+R (Apple) or Ctrl+F5 (PC) to know for sure, and of course it won't work if you've disable cookies on any browser you use to view out site.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here