Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading MP4

Huskee Spinaker
    Not sure if this is the correct place for this so move it if need be. Can we upload MP4 videos? and if so how. Thanks Orion

It looks like the Pix uploader might take an MP4 but it has to be small. Better is to get yourself a YouTube account (if you don't already have one) or some other service like Vimeo, and upload the video there. Once it's live, post the link with the Insert Video icon above. Mine appears on the top row at the far right and looks like two frames of film with an arrow. This will also offload the bandwidth from the Pit's servers, so better all around.

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mgaretz but I'm a dinosaur and that sounds like way too much work. I just have some funny mp4s I wanted to put in jokes.

I am not quite sure, the file size might be too large. The best way to go about it is to post it to your YouTube account and then post the link. That is what I have always done because V Bulletin's head likes to explode every time I have tried the MP4 route.

Comment

I view posting to utube like being on facebook. Way to public and open open to comments I would rather not hear from people I don't know. So I'll just wander on back to the cave I live in thank you.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Comments can be disabled. Hope this helps...

I don't know myself w/o researching it all, so I will ask our resident vB expert RayJ ( raywjohnson ) so he can offer help when he has time to pop in. What I do know is the 'insert video' dialogue box states: So will one of those work for you? Vimeo is a free service, I think a little easier than jumping through the hoops of setting up a YouTube account

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on Vimeo. YouTube needs an account, has restrictions, keep it simple.

Post it on Youtube. Disable comments.

Comment

Youtube is the best solution. And you can sign up for Google and YouTube without having a GMail account/email address.

Here is a good tutorial on how to go that.

A Google account is required in order sign into YouTube. However, for those who already have an email account (or just don't want a Gmail account), Google accounts can be made using any valid non-Gmail address. You will need to navigate to...

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          ofelles I will just have to imagine the videos you were going to share. I am not impressed so far though. I will try to imagine funnier ones to redeem your reputation.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee good thing I'm not sensitive 😁
          And I think my reputation is beyond redemption!

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          All good brother. You might consider sending your videos to another member who would be willing to upload to their YouTube account. Then you could link to them here so that everyone can enjoy them.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here