Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Google Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Google Chrome

When I use google chrome and enter the pitmaster club sometimes the pages get stuck and timeout and I can't seem to access them and after a while they work fine. Sometimes I can't even log in.Other times it works fine but more often not - been going on for weeks.I switched to Explorer today and everything works fine ( should've done it earlier but I'm not a genius - maybe when I was a baby someone dropped me on on my head ) I realize that software nowadays is very complicated with lots of code and things conflict and can and do go wrong Murphy's law I guess and my hat off to all the really smart folks out there making internet and operating systems happen - amazing.. Couldn't imagine life without it. I have limited knowledge and have built and commissioned my own computers but never had time to learn the ' software side of it '. Just wondering if it is Google Chrome or something on my computer . Has anyone else had a problem with Chrome? Any way i'm happy to use Explorer so no big deal...

Our site works with the latest browsers, so you need to have Google Chrome and it needs to be a recently update version. That said, most folks have told me Chrome works better for them than the other browsers, and that's my experience as well. If you want to go back to Chrome make sure it's updated to the latest version, then clear your cache and cookies. Those should help clear up your issue if it's a browser issue.

Also try navigating to a page and hitting ctrl + F5 keys. That will do a hard reload of the page and might clear things up as well.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
      Steve Vojtek commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your reply I just found that Explorer gives me issues as well - it worked well at first - it's something on my end. I will upgrade and see how I go I think chrome is better. Although I'm not a software guy with research on the net I seem to be able to always fix my software issues - never had to take any of my puter's to a shop to get fixed - i'll work this out. Also a little bird told me you're quite fond of American honey Wild Turkey bourbon - I just recently discovered it and love it - but lesson learned ... drinking half a bottle when I had to work the next day not a good idea...but it tastes soooo good....

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Steve it'll sneak up on ya. It's caught me by surprise before as well!

Thank you David - good to know I'm not the only one to have been 'caught by surprise'..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here