Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forced to login again after every time a browser is closed ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced to login again after every time a browser is closed ...

... it's happening on Win10/Firefox and Win10/Edge. In both cases, the browser cache was cleared.

It was happening to me last week after clearing cache. I finally noticed a box that allowed me to stay logged in below the login. I don't know if it was a new box or I just hadn't seen it before. I was using my Iphone and Safari.

Comment

Originally posted by tbob4 View Post
      It was happening to me last week after clearing cache. I finally noticed a box that allowed me to stay logged in below the login. I don't know if it was a new box or I just hadn't seen it before. I was using my Iphone and Safari.
      Yeah ... checking the [Remember Me] box works but it was never necessary before a week or two ago. I reported the changed behavior in case it's really a bug versus the result of a recent fix.

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Due to an internal issue, I had to restore the [Remember Me] box. Previously, that was hidden and enabled so that your login was automatically remembered. This is still on my todo list.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        raywjohnson - Thanks! Frankly, this is such a minor issue that I’m not sure it’s worth fixing. Personally, I’d be tempted to simply let members know that they should check the [Remember Me] box unless they want to log in each time. Easy Peasy ...

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        MBMorgan - I agree. That is the way it is designed. As is all other login systems. Members choice.

Do you have your browser or an app set to delete cookies when your browser closes?

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope

Reminds me of the old vaudeville joke:

"Doc, it hurts when I bend my arm."

"Then don't bend your arm!"

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here