Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New iPad, ads down the right side of forum.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New iPad, ads down the right side of forum.

I dropped the old one.

On the old one, the forum filled the whole screen. On the new one, I get the ads. How do I remove the ads? No offense, but I don’t need any prompting to buy more AR stuff.

I tried logging in and then logging out. When the new iPad finished downloading all the old apps, I’ll try clearing cookies.
    Last edited by Mosca; January 11, 2020, 06:49 PM.

Old.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5EBDF043-DE68-4DB3-B446-54D64C263B1D.png
Views:	334
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	789879

Comment

New.

Name:	410062BC-0A9E-40FB-AE10-1787E48C2B3F.png
Views:	322
Size:	466.8 KB
ID:	789882

Name:	52E68698-430E-4035-83F0-2262CDB262C7.png
Views:	341
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	789883

Comment

Well at least my picture made it fer posterity wiff the old one.

Comment

• ScottyC13
          ScottyC13 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your avatar. It makes me laugh every time!

I’ve always had the ads on my iPad, thought it was supposed to be that way

Comment

I think Apple has updated the iPad os to be more like a desktop display so it can be more like a laptop replacement. (Think chromebook, surface, etc...) but there may be a way to switch back to mobile view... may have to google it though.

Apple's latest mobile OS includes a variety of less well-known improvements, enhancements and features. Here are some you might not know about (yet).
          Last edited by Nate; January 11, 2020, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• mnavarre
            mnavarre commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what it is. In iPadOS Apple made Safari behave like MacOS Safari. You can get the mobile site by hitting the AA Icon in the left side if the address bar.

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s the same both ways. It loads full screen for an instant, then the sidebar appears.

• mnavarre
            mnavarre commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm. On my phone (iOS 13.3) requesting the desktop site just loads the mobile site. Wonder if that's a Safari bug, or the forum software.

I, with PC have always had adds.

Comment

I've always had the 'ads' (despite the disclaimer that is what I call them) on my laptop, never on the iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
              I think Apple has updated the iPad os to be more like a desktop display so it can be more like a laptop replacement. (Think chromebook, surface, etc...) but there may be a way to switch back to mobile view... may have to google it though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...about.amp.html
              I’m on 13.3 for both devices.

Comment

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry Mosca... that was my best guess.

I’ve always had the ads on the side. I just assumed that since it looked like they were put there by AR vs a paid advertisement space that that’s how it was supposed to be

Comment

I’m on an iPad w/ 13.3 and don’t have adds. Did you check the "Request desktop website" configuration in Settings —> Safari to see if that’s turned off?

Comment

I don't use Apples, but can you increase the font size?

Comment

Try clicking on the AA at the top and press the captial A until the ads disappear. On my it needs to reach 175% to remove the side bar.

Comment

Greetings Mosca

This is only as screen size/resolution issue. The sidebar does not show on smaller screens. So your new iPad must have either a larger screen or resolution. Or you had your old one zoomed in a bit. You can test this by just zooming in or out. The side bar will either show or be hidden. On larger screens you have to zoom in about 200% or more to see it.
                      Last edited by raywjohnson; January 13, 2020, 01:27 AM.

Comment

The new iPad has a slightly higher resolution, yes.

It’s not a big deal. I’m more pissed that I dropped the old iPad and had to buy a new one. Even in a protective case, if an iPad drops and hits on a corner, in just the right way, the screen won’t crack but it’s touch function goes all wonky. "Touch here and it registers there", that kind of stuff. Had it happen twice. Oh well. Costs $200 to fix, a new iPad is down to $279.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here