Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble staying logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble staying logged in

Note that none of these problems occurred prior to your site redesign.
    I logon to the Pitmaster club and the site does not recognize me as a member.
    I keep getting the message ' You have viewed 'X' pages blah blah blah'.
    I first pointed this problem out on the comments on the Ratings and Reviews page.
    I was able to leave comments there for a few days; now the Discus system rejects me as well.
    Even though Meathead left a comment there for me to reply to and Discus will not accept me now.
    Here's the comment I attempted to leave:
    I just went to my browser preferences and allowed cookies from amazingribs.com Restarted the browser and signed in to the pitmaster club. Again, the same thing: I get to the ratings and reviews page and the page thinks I haven't signed in. It does not appear to be happening on other pages. The same thing happens when I use Firefox; this never happened prior to the site redesign once I joined the pitmaster club. The site recognized my browser as belonging to a legitimate member. Now, no matter what browser I use, even after clearing cookies, enabling cookies from the site, the site does not appear to remember that I'm a paid up member of the club. Just tried it with Safari, same thing: I sign in, I get to the ratings and reviews page, and it doesn't recognize me as just having signed in. That's three browsers now: White Hat Aviator, Firefox, and Safari performing the same -- forgetting that I'm a member of the pitmaster club once I get to the ratings and reviews page.

Needless to say this is very frustrating. I love the content of the site. This site behavior is starting to drive me nuts.

jklehe
    Last edited by David Parrish; April 9, 2015, 08:27 AM. Reason: Subject of thread was a little too over-sensationalized

The Ratings & Reviews tabs does that to me too, and some of the links within keep me 'logged out' (far upper right "Pitmaster Club Signin or Signup") and some of the links return the "Go to The Pit" text in the far upper-right, indicating I'm once again logged in.

IT is aware of this issue with this tab and how it's content is hosted. Rest assured they're on it. Please continue to enjoy the site an The Pit here until they get that little bug squished.

Comment

Sorry about this and we definitely understand why this would be frustrating. I've forwarded this to our IT guys. The issue with the Ratings and Reviews pages is known and they're working on it. This might give them that extra bit of info they need to finally find and squash the bug.

About Disqus though... Please note the login for Disqus is a separate login from the Pitmaster Club. Disqus is software that's used all over the web and you have one Disqus login across multiple sites. Can you try going here to see if you can log in? If you get in, navigate back to Amazingribs.com to see if you're still logged into Disqus while on our site. If not, let us know as it would likely be something on our end.

Comment

I solved this by setting my bookmark to pitmaster.amazingribs.com. That goes right to the forum, logged in, and you can access all the rest of the site from there.

Comment

Mosca that's a great idea!

Comment

Mosca that's what I do too. My "Pit" bookmark on my bookmark toolbar takes me right to "Today's Posts" with one click, and I remain logged in, Firefox.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture5.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	77127
            Attached Files

Comment

@jklehe You mentioned that the issue happens in more than one browser. Do you have any ad-blocker software running on your computer? Do you have any firewalls or other spam-blocking or security settings turned on? Have you tried using someone else's computer? I'm trying to isolate specific issues that might prevent you from access the site or content. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here