Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you haven't done it, set up re-directs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven't done it, set up re-directs...

for the posts that get the most traction in the channels? For example going to my PBC standard https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ts-if-possible

I found it by re-navigating through the Pit Barrel Forum:
    Here are some cook times that I've collected, either by direct experience or by reports by other PBC users. Hopefully it will help narrow the window of the ETA of getting the meat or veggies to the table. Brisket: 2.5 lb (trimmed) Hereford flat at 225-250 degF PBC temp: 5.75 hours to 175 deg F, wrapped for 1.75 hours in 225

As you can see from the link, it has changed taxonomy a bit from /forum/grills-and-smokers/charcoal/pit-barre-cooker/ to /forum/charcoal-drums-barrels-and-bullet-smokers/pit-barre-cooker/

So my point is that a typical way to handle this, that is both good for existing customers who have bookmarked sections of the site and external links that point to the old urls, is to setup a "redirect". That way if someone tries to go to the old url it points them automatically to the new url without hitting the "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Good luck and best wishes...
    Last edited by kill2grill; October 29, 2019, 09:37 AM. Reason: My original post wasn't specific so I added some more details.

The link doesn’t work for me

Comment

I'm really not sure what you're asking for here, and like tbob4 that link doesn't work.

Comment

• kill2grill
        kill2grill commented
        Editing a comment
        I updated my original post to help clear up the confusion...

Normally when a post or topic is moved, the old link continues to work, it just automatically redirects to the new location/link. There have been a number of large moves recently and the indexes were messed up (on of the things I fixed this last Sunday night). So some links might have been lost in the process.

Comment

This will all blow over soon. LOTS of moving of posts the last few weeks. Until all the old channels are cleared out and moved. Also, many really old misplaced posts are getting deleted (please see the Slaughterhouse channel to save ones you think need saved) so this may affect this too if you happened to have bookmarked a really old post that got deleted.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here