Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

color change intended???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color change intended???

I don't know that this is a problem but it sure is different. This morning when I logged on EVERYTHING came up red. Before you announced the update finished most everything came up blue. I can handle the red but I like the blue better. And that is my HUMBLE opinion.

I don't care what the colors are, but I sure do wish that posts I have never clicked on were a different color 'cause I always click on them first.

Comment

im with RonB on posts ive never clicked being a different color from posts I already read,it a bit confusing for my pea size brain

Comment

Please go back to blue. Red unleases my inner bull. Differentiating between read and unread would be nice too.

Comment

All the red is making the post headers harder to read and difficult to follow the status of posts. I believe this was all discussed during a prior update when all red was introduced, and we reverted back to an easier to follow style back then after complaints.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment here that all of the red is way too much. It makes me edgy and irritated reading the site. It moves way past over the top when you 'cancel' something and the entire screen turns red. Kinda makes me feel like I'm about to nuke something and am being warned and questioned to see if I'm sure I truly want to destroy the world.

Comment

Kinda tough on colorblind guys

Comment

I agree, it's really annoying.

Comment

I appreciate the efforts in updating and cleaning up the pit... however... I will concur for the most part with the OP.... Having all red text makes everything jumble togetherplus it reminds me of all those homework assignments I got back from teachers... lol

Also I agree that a different color for unread threads, along with the bold and unbolded text would be a good idea.

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hated that red ink!!!!! LOL

Guys, you may have missed RayJ's post on this, But with the update it resorted back to a lot of vBulletin's defaults. Red is the default. We can have unread posts go back to Blue, and we can restore the like button on comments. RayJ is typically a night shifter so we've got to give him a little bit of time to get back in here and start retweaking some of our customizations. Currently though unread topics should be bold text, whereas topics you've already read that have no new posts should be regular text.

Comment

• Nate
                    Nate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks for the update Huskee!

• glitchy
                    glitchy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, thanks for the update! In the end it will be what it will be and be done when it's done.

I won't be losing any sleep over it...well at least as long as I don't read this site in glowing red right before I try to close my eyes anyway, lol.

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well jeeze. Thanks for taking away my ability to complain on that one. 0 for 1 I guess I am.

Love the new feel though.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here