Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10.28.19 Update Issue

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.28.19 Update Issue

As usual thank you for the hard work in keeping the pit up to date.

My issue appears to be small screen formatting.

iphone se
    safari
    ios 13. Something

here is a screen shot of what it looks like when I hit recent posts. things run way off screen as opposed to wrapping and you have to scroll over to see them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50059D14-9F4A-4DB1-A405-D66805496C0B.png
Views:	406
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	762099

Another shot zoomed out

Name:	BC969E5F-238E-408C-B3F5-084201F4E505.png
Views:	402
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	762107

Comment

Why the fascination with red?
      Last edited by Donw; October 28, 2019, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        It is the color associated with the logo. I call it: Pitmaster Red.

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn’t help with the readability and makes it harder to determine the status of posts.

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Donw - Agreed.

Apologies for sounding like a broken record. Please refresh your browsers cache.

CTRL+F5 (Linux or WIndows)

CMD+SHIFT+R (Apple)

There were many changes to CSS files that need to be refreshed.

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        I did... it didn't work....
        again this is on an iPhone SE (small screen)
        and it appears only to happen when I hit the "recent posts" tab
        doesn't appear to happen with Who's Online
        doesn't happen in Channels or when I click on anything in channels.
        just recent posts

• raywjohnson
        raywjohnson commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect. The CSS for that page is only loaded on that page. Please go to the Recent Post page then double tap on the refresh button. Not sure if that will work, found that info online.

My phone looks good, Android, although the ability to "like" comments (not main replies) is absent on [my] mobile now.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Gone on my iPad also, bummer.

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Just noticed... I have the same issue

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Gone on my desk top also

Hmmm...looks like the Komodo Kamado channel is still failing to show up on my browser. Is it a problem with Safari??

Comment

The "TOP" link in each post is missing on my Windows laptop. I have refreshed my cache per CTRL+F5. It is missing on my iPhone too.

Comment

• Porkies
          Porkies commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Also on my desk top I did F5 refresh

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          This is fixes. Not a cache issue, a "I forgot to restore that" issue.

I can’t feel my mustache. tbob4 help! Help!

Comment

• Porkies
          Porkies commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't like the comments that I like! Wiggle your nose to see if your stache is still there.

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course not: You're a fictional character.

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          That icicle you are sitting on, (that gives you that expression), has finally numbed you up...

The TOP button is only showing up at the bottom of the first page on multi-page threads.

Edited for content... If I hit ctrl-F5 on any page of a multi-page thread, it will then show the FOLLOW and the TOP buttons on that page, and that page only.
        Last edited by Porkies; October 28, 2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Everything seems to be working on my laptop and iPhone.
          However, I go back to a previous comment, I wouldn't know if there was a problem anyway....

Comment

I am having the exact problem that Nate is from the first post.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Awe jeez, now yer gonna make us look up Nate And his first post? Whew!

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              FireMan - hahahahaha - you are killing me today. I really didn't feel like laughing this hard. Mondays are supposed to drab.

raywjohnson , thank you for working on this. Just to give you an update.

It looks like we are getting closer. When I hit the recent post tab now the formatting is almost correct but still overshooting some. See picture 1.

When I get to the bottom of the recent post tab and hit next page... when it loads the formatting is way off. Picture two is how it loads picture 3 shows how it looks when I zoom out on my phone.

pic1

Click image for larger version  Name:	F403FD09-2DE4-4695-BF65-CE2CFDAB79A3.png Views:	0 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	762544

pic 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	1B695AB8-2EDE-43DF-B017-939719425CA8.png Views:	0 Size:	184.3 KB ID:	762543

pic 3

Click image for larger version  Name:	8AFBBB21-5768-4794-94CF-2BA18E1EACDF.png Views:	0 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	762545

Comment

I just had another member refresh cache and fix this issue (on iPhone, not sure the version, X I think). You need to do the clear/refresh for the whole site. Or just on the Recent Posts page. It loads its own CSS file. If you refresh/clear for that page, your browser should re-download the changes.

I can see from your screenshot that the page is missing elements, so not pulling the most recent changes to CSS and Javascript.

Comment

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                I did that before I posted.
                I also just did it again twice just now and it is still an issue.
                Went to setting cleared history and data.
                Again … small screen size if it matters

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok. I will see if I can figure out the cause.

The only remaining issue I seem to have, and it isn't a biggie since I can't even recall what is supposed to be displayed, but I'm still seeing the "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page" error in the message centre.

Name:	notauthorized.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	762602

Comment

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                Rats... I was hoping the recent update and fixed would have set this straight. I will endeavor to figure out what is causing this.

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                Alrighty then!

Give it a test run...

• pkadare
                pkadare commented
                Editing a comment
                raywjohnson - Sorry, no joy in Mudville. Dumped cookies etc., still getting the error.

I get signed out every time I close my browser. I used to stay signed in unless I specifically signed out. I liked that feature since signing in on my phone can be a pain. Thanks.

Comment

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                The "remember me" feature is automatic for Pitmaster login. The only thing the breaks this is if you have your browser set to delete cookies on exit. You need to check if that is set for all sites, or just Pitmaster.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here