Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duplicate the Follow Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate the Follow Button

I know you're probably really gun shy about making changes after the upgrade issues, but something that would help my posting style, and hopefully others, would be if we could get another Follow button at the bottom of a page's topic. I don't really know when I look at a topic if I want to follow it or not, but I always want to follow if I post on it. After I post, I'm at the bottom of the page and need to scroll to the top to follow. Not a must have, just a nice to have.

I hear the IT guy in you coming out. I have thought the same thing at times.

Comment

I hear you. But, and maybe you already know this and I'm preaching to the choir, we do have "Top" buttons in each post, so at least you don't have to scroll back up to the top.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee - that's not always that helpful though. Take this topic as an example. With my cursor in the compose box, it took me 5 scrolls of the wheel to get to the top. To get to the bottom where that link is took me 20 scrolls. :-)

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        pkadare No, each post has its own "Top" button. You don't' have to scroll anywhere to get to the Top button. Upper-right corner of each & every "reply", next to the post #. Tagged you below in a pic...

Bug, bad upgrades, or whatever. I am not gun shy about making changes. However, ,I have been working on a fairly large set of changes that I will implement soon. This will not alter the site much, mostly cosmetic. But more importantly, restores the default templates and cleans out all the messy CSS. This will make future upgrades much less problematic.

So, adding an extra follow button is fairly simple. I will add that to the current work. If all goes well, that will all be done early next week.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        You do great work. Thank you.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Your the man

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        You are awesome Ray! Thank you!

I may be missing something, but there is an option somewhere in your user profile to automatically follow posts that you post in and/or like. I set mine up for notifications in the threads I post in, and it works great.

Comment

• pkadare
        pkadare commented
        Editing a comment
        PBCDad - you are correct, but I don't always want to follow every thread I post in. When I first joined I had that enabled, I much prefer the granularity of being able to pick and choose.

Don't think I've ever followed anything....I must just not be a good follower

Comment

pkadare Notice blue arrow. For in the meantime until the bottom Follow button is implemented...

Click image for larger version

Name:	topbutton.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	760386

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Huskee. I blame age and old eyes.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        pkadare Notice blue arrow. For in the meantime until the bottom Follow button is implemented...
        So there appears to be a bug here that while trivial, makes the Top link useless for my use case. If you click the Top link immediately after posting a reply (haven't tried with a comment) rather than taking you to the top of the page you're on, it takes you back out to the Channels page. If you go back to your reply and click it, it does indeed take you to the top of the current page.

Huskee and raywjohnson
        Last edited by pkadare; October 27, 2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW - this is on Windows 10 using the current Edge beta release.

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok, just tested with a comment, same result.

Thanks for this raywjohnson! Greatly appreciated!

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          The Top button also works correctly now. Thanks!

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! I have been working tirelessly to fix up all the little buggies.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here