Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common abbreviations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _Keith
    commented on 's reply
    Googled. Apparently I've never encountered an unpleasant operator

• _Keith
    commented on 's reply
    Not lying when I say that I have no idea what the asterisked word is, and I've been working in IT for 15 years.

• boftx
    replied
    I'm a bit surprised the IT types here didn't get the reference to the BOFH.

B*****d Operator From TeXas. (Huskee gets an honorable mention, though. )

Leave a comment:

• _Keith
    commented on 's reply
    Honestly? My dyslexia wants to make it something about botox or blowflies

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    IDK ? WTH

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Big ol' fat Texan? (no offense, just a guess)

• boftx
    replied
    Hell, my screen name is an abbreviation. Two points to anyone who can figure it out WITHOUT using Google.

(hint: It might have been "bofca" if handles had been common on usenet back in the 80s.)
    Last edited by boftx; August 5, 2014, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Hang around here enough they'll become second nature to you.

Leave a comment:

• _Keith
    replied
    Yeah, I I'll just skip abbreviations

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Keith View Post
    I often have no idea what the various abbreviations being tossed around the forum are. What the heck is PPP? Pulled pork something? I get not wanting to write "Pit Barrel Cooker" three times in a post, but the first time I saw "PBC" all my brain could come up with was "Peanut Butter Charcoal", and while that was an amusing thought, I was pretty sure it was wrong.

How about a sticky post where common abbreviations can be posted as a reference?
    Keith, check this post out:

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    RFPH.... razzle frazzle pellethead...usually muttered by 24th place finishers using charcoal

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    GBD was new to me--golden brown delicious I assume from context

Leave a comment:

• _Keith
    started a topic Common abbreviations?

Common abbreviations?

I often have no idea what the various abbreviations being tossed around the forum are. What the heck is PPP? Pulled pork something? I get not wanting to write "Pit Barrel Cooker" three times in a post, but the first time I saw "PBC" all my brain could come up with was "Peanut Butter Charcoal", and while that was an amusing thought, I was pretty sure it was wrong.

How about a sticky post where common abbreviations can be posted as a reference?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here