Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ads are opening App Store again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ads are opening App Store again

Hey PB, ads are opening up the App Store pretty consistently the last couple days.

Got it Eugene. We'll look into it. Do you have any screenshots of what's happening and do you know which ads are displaying when this happens?

Comment

These are while I was trying to reply to you…
      Attached Files

Comment

• eugenek
        eugenek commented
        Editing a comment
        In the middle of something but I'll try to give you more details later.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Eugene. This helps. I'm passing it along.

It's going off like popcorn now… here's one of the url's but I believe there are others. http://trackmobave.go2cloud.org/aff_...aff_sub3=11502

Comment

Thanks Eugene we're looking into it.

Comment

Grrrrrrr. It appears you are on an iPhone, right? Can you email me the screen shots? A few of them are hard to read on screen. meathead at amazingribs.com

Comment

That's right, on my iPhone. Here are the different behaviors I've experienced so far:

1) I navigate to a thread and it redirects me to a different site in a new page. All I see is a blank page but the URL is populated (not an AR URL, of course). Sometimes I get redirected again from that page to the App Store where an app is loaded.

2) The same as above, except sometimes I don't get redirected to the App Store. It just stays on the blank page.

3) Sometimes I don't get redirected to the blank page, but it goes directly to the App Store with the app loaded.

Also, sometimes when I switch back to the Safari app (the iOS browser) to get back to AR, or I hit the back button while still in Safari, the redirect triggers again immediately. Then I'll usually have to close the AR page and re-enter the site again.

Comment

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Comment

I'm on this site about 90% of the time with my iPhone and haven't had no problems yet

Comment

I use my Android Cat Phone at work with no problems. I also use my Android Galaxy Tab 4 without any problems.

Comment

Bah, if it's just me experiencing this then no need to get worked up over it. It seems to happen in bursts, maybe because the ad network blacklists offending ads but a few get through until the network catches up with them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here