Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster club is not for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can’t hurt none to hang around another 89 days. No pressure.

Whatever make your boat boat float. Thats the beauty of the Pit.

Mostly decent folk, and great BBQ.

i respect your initial thoughts on the issue.

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir!

Comment

Yeah. Welcome to the Pit. If I may, do you by any chance preburn your wood?

Comment

• David 32
        David 32 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha, ha. Not everyone has a 9-5 job, me included. Congratulations, if you do. Life’s to short to hang out with clowns like you. Why don’t you do something productive with your spare time- maybe, learn to code, or, just get a life?

Welcome and sorry to see you go. I spend all my browsing time here - the recipes on the free site are great, but the tips and tricks in the forum will up your game significantly. Hope you hang around for awhile and share some of your knowledge.

Comment

Just my two cents, but the forum is more like a family--yeah, at times it can be difunctional, but it becomes a part of you and when you need help you go there and the people have your back. I lurked on the site for the better part of a year before I asked my first question or made a comment. I figured everyone knew more than me and did my best to just read posts and learn. Now I feel more comfortable in asking questions and have either asked questions via post or private message to individuals for more information and the members have been great. They offer advice and get back to me with answers. People here want to help you out. The small fee is well worth it.

Comment

• Rob Johnston
          Rob Johnston commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Mr. Bones--I always read your posts and that has what made me smarter and had a laugh along the way. Thanks to you Brother!

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          There ya go, Mr. Bones attracted somebody other than one of his buds or neighbors into the Pit. 👍👍👍

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol FireMan Brother, my very bein here makes everybody feel smarter, instantaneously!
          Attracted somebody? Hail, not very likely; I'm uglier than a homemade mud fence, that's been repeatedly run into, after 40 miles of bad roads!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

I really do hope ya decide to give yer Trial Membership a lil more time than part of a day.

I totally respect yer right to make a decision, but am hopin that ya don't make an overly hasty, poorly informed one.

There is, quite literally, many years worth of learnin, an experience to be gleaned from, on this side of th site...

That actually increases greatly, every day, as members contribute, an ask questions.

I'll sign off, wishin ya th very best regards, no matter which course ya choose...

P.S. Almost fergot to mention: Ya also could win up to several thousand dollars worth o BBQ Goodies in th monthly giveaway?

Think it's impossible? Reckon I never once give it no thought, or pined away after alla th goodies; didn't make no sense to go chasin me no rainbows...

And, Then...

Comment

1st welcome from Westerm Mass.

You've seen a lot of posts saying please keep an open mind and stay awhile. I hope you do, but if you decide this is not for you so be it. This is a stonge community of people. A global community. Diverse in faith, politics, gender and values,. Guess what, none of that matters here. It is not discussed. And that is refreshing in a forum. The core is the cook. Look at the channels and you'll see what I am pointing to. Yes we have fun with off topic items. That increases the value. As another member said, if you know everything and there is no knowledge to be acquired, then maybe this comminity is not for you. However, if that is your position; then pleas stay. As we want your expertise to be shared with this community. We welcome and will benefit from you. So in any case, give it the 30 days. Again, wlcome.

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Spell check, yes ... syntax, no ... 😎 ...

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            No Sweat, jus click th "Edit" button under yer post, an ya can go back, gussy it up some, if ya so desire.

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            RichieB You can correct your typos after posting by editing them.
            Last edited by Willy; April 12, 2019, 07:51 PM.

Wouldn't you like to show off some of your cooking - this is a great place to do it; and to see what others are doing... I never even heard of many of the items people make here, but now I've had the opportunity to try some. Like others have said - surf the "Recent Posts" page.
          Do you know what a "duck press" is? I never heard of one until I came across it on today's Recent Post.
          And... I wouldn't have come across you either.
          Check out this link - maybe some of your neighbors are on the Pit... https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/announcements/574126-amazingribs-com-s-new-interactive-pitmaster-club-global-membership-map
          ​​​​​​​
          Welcome - hope you at least give it a further try!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I sure hope you'll stick around David 32

Cheers from Norway!

Comment

Have you ever read a really good book that you almost gave up on at the beginning? Hang in there and I think you will come to really appreciate this forum.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Every book I ever gave up on, I gave up on. 🕶

• RustyHaines
                RustyHaines commented
                Editing a comment
                FireMan you never disappoint.

I don't see this forum as being all that different in terms of organization than most. I'm relatively new here, and this has quickly become one of my favorites.

Comment

Welcome!

I am a member of many different forums for all my different interests. This one is organized pretty well in my opinion. Easy to navigate and post pics and not a lot of rules. I always hit the recent posts button to start then use search if I need to look for specific information. If you ask a question 10 people jump in to help.

Give it a chance.

Comment

Thank you very much for all the greetings. The friendliness and camaraderie of the PC is terrific, and everyone is a seriously good cook, with lots of great ideas to try.

I certainly intend to play with it some; the first impression of the layout is very similar to fishing forums I have read; and is as big a pain as a badly designed email inbox ( think, Outlook/Microsoft 365 Inbox read on a Safari browser.) You want to get out of it as soon as you possibly can.

Comment

• grantgallagher
                    grantgallagher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    David 32 i totally hear you on the fishing forum conparison. I am/was a member of a few bass forums and yes, generally the interface is bare bones and a little cumbersome. That said, i didnt go there for an interface experience. Went there for fishing reports, technique tips, and talking to other bass heads. The Pit is no different. Learned so much from the folks here. Hell, i never would have even dreamed of philly cream cheese stuffed smoked meatloaf but Henrik made it a very delicious reality

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is by far the friendliest forum I’ve ever participated in. I’ve never seen an argument last longer than two exchanges of ammo before it calms down into an understanding, and I couldn’t tell you how long ago was the last one I saw.

• Henrik
                    Henrik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks grantgallagher, and I can only ditto that. I have learned a ton from other members already.

David, would you mind telling us a little about yourself? We are a curious lot here. What do you like to cook? What do you cook on? Kids? Dog or cat? How often do you clip your toenails? You know...stuff. 😎

Comment

• David 32
                    David 32 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I cook on a Weber kettle. I stick to pork, beef, and chicken. Favorite beer: Dorothy’s New World Lager ( if you live in the Midwest or Eastern Great Plains, do yourself a favor and get some. Only other lager that comes close is Augustiner Brau Edelstoff. Maybe. )

• Willard
                    Willard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lots of Weber kettle owners here, myself included. I’m far from an authority but lots of folks are. Let us know if you have any questions. Happy cooking!

First, welcome to the pit. I have had problems finding things with the search. I recommend just asking the question if you can't find what you are looking for. The members of this forum will respond quickly and you will learn more than what you would on the static sites. There is a wealth of information here if you are just willing to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by David 32 View Post
                    Thank you very much for all the greetings. The friendliness and camaraderie of the PC is terrific, and everyone is a seriously good cook, with lots of great ideas to try.

I certainly intend to play with it some; the first impression of the layout is very similar to fishing forums I have read; and is as big a pain as a badly designed email inbox ( think, Outlook/Microsoft 365 Inbox read on a Safari browser.) You want to get out of it as soon as you possibly can.
                    Please stick at least for a bit. While the Club is a great place to get advice, it is actually most rewarding to the user as a place to give advice.

The easiest way to use the forum is to set up the Recent Posts page as your bookmark. Then, when you enter, you see what is being talked about. So if for example you just did a pork butt on your Pit Barrel Cooker, and another member is having trouble with the same cook, you can help out. And if you want to participate in "group" posts like What Are You Cooking, you can go to the end and post,

When you do it that way, the only time the layout is an issue is when you want to start a topic or look for a recipe. To start a topic go to the proper header, to find a recipe use the search.

That’s it! Happy cooking to all!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here