Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link to the Pit missing on free site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to the Pit missing on free site?

This morning I am not seeing a link to the Pit on the free site, other than the one to join the pit. This is when I am logged in to the paid side. If I click "About the Pitmaster Club" I get taken to a page where it says I am already a member, then it does a 5 second countdown before taking me to The Pit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot.png Views:	2 Size:	235.0 KB ID:	646752
    Attached Files

I know, same here. I had to go root around for a Go To Pit button to push. What up?

Comment

Noticed that myself just a minute ago. I guess we figured out how to get here, at least.

Comment

If you click on the About the Pitmaster Club link on the upper right corner of the page, about 3/4 ways down the page it takes you to, there's a section called "If you are already a member here are some handy links" highlighted in yellow. There is a link there.

If you haven't, bookmark the Pit home page.

Comment

Yea there's ways in obviously but we want our button back Ray J.

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep! I would fix, but I do not have access to the free site yet. But, I do know that the button in question is cookie based. So a page refresh (F5 or CTRL+F5) might get the button to show up again.

raywjohnson Cleanup in Aisle 3!

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            RayJ doesn't have control of the free site, only vBulletin (the forum). I did put in a ticket to BigJim about this. Thank you.

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            The button in question is cookie based. Try a refresh when on the main site (F5 or CTRL+F5). That might get the button to show up again.

I have the link bookmarked, that's the best way to save your personal shortcut. Here's the link to get here as well, first one in the left yellow sidebar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pit link.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	646800

Comment

I had the same problem this morning. Eventually found my way in after a moment of panic. Moment of panic - on top of MCS, do I have something we could call ARS?

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              It's like when the coffee machine's broken, or the beer's gone...that addiction can't be satisfied in a timely fashion and you panic!

• Murdy
              Murdy commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, this thread certainly turned ugly

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Murdy, things get ugly when you are denied the fix to your addiction. Or even when it get a little harder to feed it...

jfmorris stole my avatar! Didn't know he was a Slipknot fan.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	180
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	646845

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              What the heck? Haha. This thing is all over the place today.

Same here, couldn't find it either...

Comment

Should be fixed now guys. if you don't see it you may need to clear your browser's cache, then refresh.

Comment

Working for me now. Thanks, Huskee

Comment

Fixed here this morning. Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here