Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're all red.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wait until we turn them all "white"....or should I say all "white". (evil belly laugh)

Comment

• jgg85234
      jgg85234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Somewhere I have some code that makes the target move when you try to click it

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      jgg85234. That would be a fun April fool joke

Seeing red has me seeing red!
    Last edited by Steve R.; January 23, 2019, 10:22 AM. Reason: said in jest, btw.

Comment

Our most common complaint and reason for cancelation is people who have trouble navigating in here. It is soooooo different from normal websites. One of the cornerstones of our design style of the UI (User Interface) is that red things are clickable. We are trying to make the UI more user friendly for newbies.

Comment

While I do not have a visual impairment there are large numbers that do. A website needs to at least attempt to provide a viewable site for those so afflicted. Have a look at https://webaim.org/articles/visual/colorblind for an article on colors and their impact for the color blind. Contrast also needs to be considered. https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ for those with limited sight.
        I am not an expert at any of this but I know the holding company I am on the board of owns several software companies. In the past I questioned the need to employ visual designers but have been converted to the belief that they are a necessity.

Comment

I have to agree with Meathead on this - these forums are somewhat antiquated and anything we do to make them easier to use is important.

I run a private home brewing related forum web site, which used to run on vBulletin and now runs on phpBB (we got tired of paying for updates to vBulletin). Having a template or theme make it clear what is clickable versus not is important. For me, the red is fine, and I can see the bold font for threads that have messages I have not read, and it goes to a normal non-bold font once I've read it. Makes things clearer.

Comment

That reminds me of a ditty:
            Roses are red
            Violets are blue,
            I’m schizophrenic,
            And so am I.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              I frequently quote that, except I say "multiple personalities" instead of schitzo, but same dif. Love it!

I’m not a fan of the new All Red color pallet. Maybe we should be able to control our own colors individually.

Comment

Messages in aviation:
              Blue, "ok, we can go, tell Hawker when we get back."
              Amber, "darn. We need to do something before we can go!"
              Red, Bad. "We are not going anywhere!"

Not a fan of RED.

Comment

Update!

I have restored the previous color scheme for new topics (bold/blue) and topics with new replies (bold/red).

Important note: the links are not full red, they are (what I call) Pitmaster Red. Slightly darker red, more of a brick red.

Enjoy!

Comment

• jgreen
                  jgreen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. I like that better.

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanx Ray. I don't get upset when you try to make improvements at all 'cause I know you are trying to make things better. And this discussion was very enjoyable. (Ya gotta love The Pit).

• HawkerXP
                  HawkerXP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Much better, thank you.

Whew! Another crisis averted. Go Team AR!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here