Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filter/Query Button Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter/Query Button Problems

Filter/Querys still messed up.

>>> [Recent Posts] and [Last 24 Hours] seem to be working properly ... please don't "fix" them.

>>> [Last 7 Days] and [Select Last xx Days] are broken. They do not show posts made to Sticky topics.

>>> [Since Last Login] just returns seemingly weird results. I have no idea what it's supposed to do and therefore can't make any meaningful comments about what it's actually doing.

Huskee , raywjohnson

Hmmmmmmm, I’m workin on it. 🤔. 🕶

Comment

Something is screwed up. When I hit the 2 on the recent posts I get general info page. I’m still workin on it. 🤔. 🕶

Comment

I used to have blue titles for threads with unread posts. This morning all threads are red and many have last post date as of today. Is this a problem or a new feature?

Comment

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          I will restore that asap.

Might as well mention that hitting the "top" link in a thread is like playing roulette. Sometimes it takes me to the top of the thread, other times I get the Channels page. And what is this fascination with red letters everywhere now? Black letters stay the same for those with color blindness, but what do red ones look like for those afflicted?

Comment

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          I will do some testing on the "top" button. It is flaky, thought I had it working.

I will also state, fer th record, that th RED everywhere doesn't look as good as before, to my eyebulbs, at least.

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally agree, Bones! Red is most commonly used to indicate some kind of serious problem, error condition, or exception. Heck, if any bird I ever flew lit up like the current version of the Pit, I'd be reaching for the (red) ejection handle ... or at least a chute while heading for the exit. 😎

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Eyebulb? Hmmm, I’m workin onat one too.

The red makes the site look like a cheap bordello.

(Confession: I made this post because I thought it'd be fun the use the word "bordello".)
        Last edited by Willy; January 25, 2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Willy FireMan
          Hey, yer both right as can be! It IS fun!!!!
          (I said it offline, to myself an Smokey, cause I didn't wanna be too naughty...)

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha ha!

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          ComfortablyNumb : You don't even begin to want to know. :«)

I would like to know how often you've wondered what a cheap bordello looks like, though? LOL

Bumping this because the original post went ignored while the discussion veered off course to focus on the Top button, the color of titles, and how much fun it is to use the word "bordello" (didn't feel a thing ).

Please modify the underlying queries for the [Last 7 Days] and [Select Last xx Days] buttons to be consistent with the [Recent Posts] and [Last 24 Hours] buttons.

Also, I'd suggest getting rid of the [Since Last Login] button since it's unclear just what it is supposed to provide that is not already provided by the other buttons.

Huskee raywjohnson
        Last edited by MBMorgan; January 24, 2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          We are all part time, sometimes it takes some time to get things handled in order of priority. We're on it.

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee - I know! Just bumping something that seemed to have drifted down in the bottomless to-do pile.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          😊👍

All these functions are working as expected. Also, changing the underlying queries could only be done via a hack. Not a good solution.

For info: [Last 7 Days] and [Select Last xx Days] buttons to be consistent with

The [Recent Posts] and [Last 24 Hours] are the same. When you click [Recent Posts] it shows the "default" listing (notice that [Last 24 Hours] is highlighted?). The others work the same, just show more that 24 hours. So they look the same on initial view. Scroll down and use the pagination buttons to see more.

The [Select Last xx Days] button is limited to a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 360 days.

[Since Last Login] -- I am also not sure what it displays. But I will need to get approval to remove it.

MBMorgan Huskee Meathead

Comment

Good chance that approval may not come for 2-3 weeks. I'd suggest for the time being just ignore the buttons you don't want to use and use the ones you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            Good chance that approval may not come for 2-3 weeks. I'd suggest for the time being just ignore the buttons you don't want to use and use the ones you like.
            You know ... you could really simplify the UI and only offer 1 button ( [Select Last xx Days] ) with the default set to "1" (e.g., "Last 24 hours").

raywjohnson - All the functions may be working as expected ... but they are working inconsistently.
            FWIW, the [Last 7 Days] and [Select Last xx Days] buttons are not returning hits for posts/replies from sticky threads.
            The [Since Last Login] button seems to be doing its own thing. The result set from it is different from every other button and because I really don't know what it's supposed to return, I can't offer much in the way of helpful feedback.

Since I don't have many fond memories from my stint in software commercialization (from my Schlumberger days), I'm now going to let this sleeping dog (or possibly dead horse) lie, take two aspirin, and go back to using only [Recent Posts] for my own purposes ... secure in the knowledge that you folks will ultimately get things sorted out.
            Last edited by MBMorgan; January 25, 2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks brother.

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              😎👍

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here