Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the new separate post pic buttons now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the new separate post pic buttons now...

It saves a whole step. Now, why not also eliminate the "insert" step?

Click image for larger version

Name:	nWaH6M3.png
Views:	159
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	624659

The insert step allows you to place a single pix where you want it and if you upload multiple pix you can choose the order and locations you want to place them.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack I usually type all my text then upload all my pictures and then insert them where I want them. If inserting were automatic I’d have to change my ways. 😆 For a single pix I inevitably forget where my cursor was.

• panteracfh3
      panteracfh3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think the insert button makes it easier on mobile devices no?

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      fuzzydaddy gotcha

panteracfh3 panteraI think it's the same either way. Testing testing...

Name:	20190117_190840.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	624682

Comment

• panteracfh3
      panteracfh3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good here.

I was just thinking the insert button on mobile would help me plop (technical term) pictures anywhere in the post. Of course I could just be curmudgeonly in my ways....

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, probably a force of habit issue. My way would be fewer clicks but then you guys would have to post differently. Just an idea based on my own posting method. I'm still happy about the separate buttons since I'm all about fewer clicks.

There still is no option for sizing. I can re-size my .jpg manually but it tends to snap back when you post. Has anyone played with sizing yet??

Comment

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
      There still is no option for sizing. I can re-size my .jpg manually but it tends to snap back when you post. Has anyone played with sizing yet??
      I always just clicked "large". Good riddance to that option. But if you insert your pic and select it then hit enter it brings up a bunch of options including size.

Name:	cEqGweu.pngv.png
Views:	177
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	624708

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Right, I know about that but it's an extra step. Now you have to open this up and choose your sizing from here. And there were times, at least from my point of view, that the smaller size pix were preferable especially when posting repetitive recipe steps. Oh well, like everything else I'm sure I'll be out voted again.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I post pics at about 95% large and 5% or less a different size so it's great for me at least 9/10 times. Plus AR.com already automatically resizes large pics so you can't ever go way too large.

Please see this post: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-post-pictures it will show you how to resize, it's easy on desktop. If you're on mobile, medium it is, and that's a good size.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here