Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What time is it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time is it....

.... where you are? I'm in the Eastern time zone, but the time shown of when a post is made is one hour later than Eastern time. That means The Pit is using a time zone East of the East Coast. Now in the grand scheme of things, this makes absolutely no difference, but I do wonder if this is intentional or not.

I would expect Chicago time to be the standard of The Pit 'cause it's where Numero Uno resides. BTW - I don't care if it's changed or not. Just curious...

Testing testing...

Comment

It’s a secret place out on a boat someplace! So nobody kin steal the recipes an take knives an cut up wibs & stuff. Then, then we all might start talkin funny, ya know. Yeah, & then chew bubble gum. Yeah.

Comment

Seems to work for me. I don't know if it matters, but in your account settings, you set your time zone yourself. Sure you have done that. I set my time zone to where I am at, (Central)

Comment

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          It's in "my settings", "account" tab.

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I looked again and found it. I changed the setting to Central time, (from Eastern time). Maybe that will work...

That worked!

Thanx Lonnie.

• lonnie mac
          lonnie mac commented
          Editing a comment
          Great brother!

Let's see...

Says I made this post a 06:31 PM but on the West Coast where I am it is 04:33 PM.
        Last edited by Attjack; December 4, 2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          it shows 07:31 to me.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me try again. MY computer says 4:47.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe I was wrong. The minute seems to be in sync. I must have got distracted.

This needs to get fixed otherwise it will blow my alibi that I was at home when the butcher shop was burglarized. 😬

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          You burglarized a butcher shop? What did ya get?

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          I want a lawyer. I plead the 5th!

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call ... The Pitmaster Time Zone....
        Last edited by CaptainMike; December 4, 2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's that blue drink, isn't it?

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          My issue is when I see a 0 in front of a time my mind goes to AM regardless of the pm. I want you post to say 5:36pm or 17:36. 05:36pm just confuses me.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, tbob4
          There's no sucha thing as 0536 pm...

Posting at 8:25 central time.

Comment

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          And 8:25 is what shows on my tablet as your post time.

• Deaf Arty
          Deaf Arty commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting. I'm in Pacific zone and the post shows 6:25. The time must reflect the reader's time.

I think you need to change the box after time zone. My was set to ignore Daylight Savings Time (DST). At least I’m trying it now.

Comment

My time is corret.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here