Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Post button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Post button

So when hitting the Recent Posts button I am getting this on my iPhone SE.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EB4F28F2-8692-46FE-A9B6-F6559F561AA5.png
Views:	191
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	599161

There may be a mobile issue. Let's tag raywjohnson and when he starts his day he can investigate. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
      So when hitting the Recent Posts button I am getting this on my iPhone SE.
      I mentioned this in another thread this morning ... but just for the record here, I'm seeing the exact same thing on my iPhone. Until it's fixed, the Recent Posts button on the iPhone pull-down menu works fine.

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        MB, sorry for the repost. I missed your thread earlier.

You are correct on the work around.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Nate - No need to apologize. I just wanted to consolidate my earlier comment into this dedicated thread about [Recent Posts] on an iPhone so that when raywjohnson comes looking for clues about the issue, they can all be found in one convenient place.

Yup iPhone7 same thing. If you go to the drop down menu; however, and choose Recent Posts it brings back the normal results for 24 hours with options for 7 and 14 days. It has something to do with the stand alone Recent Post button and where it's failing to take us. Poor Ray, he opened a Pandora's box !!!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. vBulletin is a classic example of whack-a-mole.

I get this all the time on my Samsung Galaxy 8. My best option is to just select the bookmark on my phone for "today's posts."

Comment

I'm also getting it on my iPhone and Fire tablet.

Comment

Alrighty then!

Sorry about the bad link. That should be working now.

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            It is indeed working. Thanks, Ray ...

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Much appreciated.

Y'all need to get a Windows tablet...

Comment

We are still fiddling with this. I want a button that lets you view all posts since last login, and another that lets you pic how many days back. Not quite there yet.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Worthy objectives!

Ok I get it that we are trying to continuously improve... that’s not necessarily a bad thing.... and I honestly do greatly appreciate all the hard work that Huskee and raywjohnson do and are doing to make the pit a great experience for everyone.... but in the quest to fix things that aren’t broken we have yet again broke something else . Could you guys please look into this:

the Recent Posts and Channels tabs are playing an awesome game of hide and seek in this screen shot from iOS iPhone SE. I know where they are but can you find them? (Hint; they are right above advances search in the red bar with a font about one shade lighter than the red bar).

Click image for larger version  Name:	8E12FC29-1F8F-49A2-9174-E70FE677A836.png Views:	1 Size:	184.9 KB ID:	601894

Comment

• raywjohnson
              raywjohnson commented
              Editing a comment
              Nate many thanks!

Please try a refresh (CMD+F5 for apples). There is new CSS that needs to be cached.

Nate

And everyone!

I forgot to update a template. You should now see this:

Name:	mobile-001.png
Views:	191
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	601902

Comment

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s what I’m seeing!

Thanks for all of your hard work Ray!

raywjohnson I spoke too soon.

this is what I am getting now when I hit the recent posts button again:

Name:	71AC7BDD-194C-49B7-95F3-29767F4362D1.png
Views:	196
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	601938

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. iPhone 7.

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here on Android.

Stand by. I am working on that. Very unusual bug in the Recent Posts link. I till figure it out.

Comment

That's weird, here's what I get.

Name:	wp4qYJY.png
Views:	204
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	602242

Comment

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                Ha!!!!

• raywjohnson
                raywjohnson commented
                Editing a comment
                Gremlins!

Name:	bones.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	602250

Comment

• Nate
                Nate commented
                Editing a comment
                Epic

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here