Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster Video Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitmaster Video Section

Random thought (I have a lot of them): would there be any benefit/interest for a section of the Pit dedicated to video clips from the users? It might be another way for users to put a face to the username, see how they cook, what they cook on, and see different techniques/cuisines from all over the globe.

I have no idea if space limitations would come into play as simple text takes a lot less space

Once people get a look of me they usually lose there appetite. Just saying.

Comment

• jecucolo
      jecucolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I had the same thought awhile back. I think it would compliment the user interviews that are done on the Pit Cast. Mr. raywjohnson is breaking into a cold sweat about now!
      Last edited by jecucolo; November 29, 2018, 07:33 AM.

• jecucolo
      jecucolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I think my first video will be on beer can chicken. This is something that everyone agrees on...heh-heh

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      How much beer can a chicken can can ? panteracfh3

Adding links to YouTube videos would work, that way "someone else" (Google) gets to handle storage. Easy peasy.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a great idea actually. YouTube is also a versatile platform for other links as well. Save Ray and the servers here a bunch of grieve. Having said that, it's a really good idea that I'd love to see more of. I know you've done it Henrik along with others who are less camera shy !!!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This works well..

panteracfh3 For now, just place the links, as Henrik describes, into the Introduce Yourself channel, if you're meaning simply videos of the 'get to know me' sort. I suppose if you had videos on certain topics, like 'check out how I sear my steak' that could go in Food & Recipes > Beef, for instance.

If you have videos/clips you like from others, please place them in the Member Reviews > Cookbooks, Videos & TV shows channel.

Thanks for asking, good question!

Comment

• panteracfh3
      panteracfh3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. Sounds good. Thanks all!

What kind of Pit-master Video's are we thinking, exactly?

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Sausage Party!

• Black99vette
      Black99vette commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice - LOL

I would love to see more vids from members, but so far tehre have been very few.If there is a significant increase we can create a channel or topic.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here