Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Recipes

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Recipes

Howdy all-

I've got a party coming up next weekend and would love to hear a few recipe suggestions for wild game. I plan on serving elk, pronghorn and whitetail as well as the typical pork and beef.

Also, if there is support for it i'd like to see a recipes and techniques subsection for wild game. About 90% of my meat comes from animals i've harvested and anyone who has grilled game knows there are special techniques required, as well as some myths that could probably be busted. Lemme know.

Cheers

-matthew

Good idea Matthew. I will forward this to the Pit Boss to see if it can be added to the lineup, or if not we'll get the rationale behind it. Stay tuned!

By the way, if you haven't already introduce yourself in the Introductions post. Tell us what you like to cook, your experience level, where you're from, etc etc etc, anything you'd like to share.

Too, when you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome channel on the main page and also the Tips post. This will help you navigate around as well as help you fill out your signature and learn how to best post pictures here. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Huskee; July 31, 2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Hey Pojo,

Have you ever checked out anything from Hank Shaw?

I really learn a lot from him. Maybe not so much on the prongs and elk but on game in general.

Just a thought.

Hank Shaw's website featuring more than 1200 wild game recipes, fish and seafood recipes, foraging tips, fermentation, preserving, and pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by pojoaque40 View Post
        Howdy all-
        Also, if there is support for it i'd like to see a recipes and techniques subsection for wild game. About 90% of my meat comes from animals i've harvested and anyone who has grilled game knows there are special techniques required, as well as some myths that could probably be busted. Lemme know.

Cheers

-matthew
        UPDATE: Matthew I thought I'd let you know we're going ahead with your suggestion. We feel this will be a valuable asset to others who are game chefs like yourself. Meathead is even developing some recipes too! I'm moving this topic into the "Suggestion Box" channel to keep it better organized...

Comment

Matthew we'd love to see one of your recent cooks in the new Wild Game sub-channel. Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here