Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save the Drip Pan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the Drip Pan!

In reviewing the Ultimate Turkey technique (an annual thing!) I couldn't help but think that Meathead is missing a simple technique to not have the stainless steel pan used for drippings getting stained by the smoke.

Wrap the OUTSIDE of the pan with foil, wrapping to the inside and down to the bottom. When the cook is done, just remove the foil, toss it out and the inside of the pan just needs a simple wash. Outside has no smoke stain.

Yup.

Comment

Luv smoke stains 😳

Comment

I think I remember from Boy Scouts that if you coat the outside of your pan / pot with soap before putting over a fire the smokey residue would just wash off when finished.

Comment

• OneEyedJack
          OneEyedJack commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, but you also had to go find the smoke shifter.

... or a quick trip to Costco or Sams to grab some heavy-duty disposable foil pans ...

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Always

I like disposable aluminum pans. If they can't be easily washed, out they go. Dollar store pans are great!

Comment

• Keiferr
          Keiferr commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones, I always hold them up to the light to search for pin holes. Wifey still looks at me like I'm crazy when I do it. She may be on to something.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones I HATE those pinholes. MBMorgan I get disposable 13 x 9 pans in sets of 30 off Amazon prime, shipped free in 2 days.

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I put the one with pinholes inside the new one, to get a bit more mileage.

Good idea. But I try not to waste foil. So the question is, which is more environmentally sound: Wasting the foil or wasting the waswater and soap?

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          I also am against creating trash when I don't have to. I remember my grandmother's home kitchens. They didn't have ANYthing that was disposable.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here