Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taken to wrong page when I click on a link in messages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taken to wrong page when I click on a link in messages.

When I have a message that someone has replied to something posted in the "Show us what you're cooking" thread, I am always taken to the top of page 7. This has been going on for several days now. That's no matter what page the linked post is on. Anyone else having this problem?

I've noticed the same thing.

Comment

Yup. It's too bad too because it's the best thread that people interact with the most.

Comment

Same here.

Comment

Here as well...

Comment

If it's too hard to fix maybe a we could just start a new fall thread?

Comment

Seems to have started when the posts from the tail end of the Summer thread were added to the Fall thread. Something in the transfer evidently broke the programming. It's going to be frustrating waiting for Winter to come, with a new thread, but I would at the least suggest that if we get some late entries to the Fall thread, let'm be, and don't try to transfer them to the Winter thread.

Comment

• RonB
                RonB commented
                Editing a comment
                Better yet - close the Fall thread just before opening the Winter thread.

raywjohnson Might be able to help with this.

Comment

Latest notice for the Show Me thread took me to the right post. Yay!

Comment

Still takes me to the top of page 8.

Comment

Greetings all,

I will need a URL/Link that causes the issue.

Before you click the next one you get, please right click (CMD+Click for Apple) and copy the link (or URL).

Paste the link in a reply here.

And I will investigate further.

Comment

Has always been an issue - using a Mac and Safari.

Comment

Thanks for the links! Data is good. So much easier to figure out when you have input.

This is a vB bug/issue, *should* not have anything to do with browser.

The system does seem to be incorrectly linking. Not sure why yet.

I am running a few tools that can fix issues with forums and threads.

That will take a few hours.

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I seem to be taken to page 2 mostly. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks a ton. Something seems to have changed for the better overnight!

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was taken to page 1 today. It was not the right page.

Link from "Today's Posts" & ">>" for Go to last post. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-2018?p=573983 went to page 7 of 11.

Comment

Still going to page 7.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here